Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Unpacking

I woke up early but did not get up so I fell back asleep. When I did get up, it was after nine. I drank a quart of water and swished with coconut oil. I checked e-mail and deleted most of it. I checked my phone for messages. None. I unpacked my suitcase, putting all the clothes in the laundry because I don't remember which ones I might have washed. I put the lights in one basket and the darks in another. I took the bag of fabric scraps out and dumped it on the floor. I separated the scraps into piles by color and print. The purple was the biggest pile and the biggest pieces. I put them in a bag. Dynee texted me, saying she hoped to see me soon. So I told her I would be out shortly to check on the plants. I got dressed and went out. I started watering the potted plants in front of her house. She came out and we had a chat. But at 11:15 she had to go. I finished watering the plants. I changed my top. I took my vitamin C. I ate some kimchi and sweet potato sticks. Then I picked up the bag of scraps and the bag of red, white and blue fabrics. I walked down to Housing to sewing class. Lacee was in charge and she was setting up tables. Two other ladies were there. So I greeted all of them. I gave Lacee the bag of scraps. Then I pitched in to help set up. She had fussycut triangles to make stack-n-whack hexagons. Dynee made several. Nagesaw made one. Suzanne worked on her own project. Monica made one (on my mail-ahead machine). We did not have enough thread stands, so I looked for spools, and did not find any. That surprised me. Monica had to use the tiny spools we keep for handsewing. Evelyn brought olives, cheese and breadsticks. Anna came late, and brought little hotdogs wrapped in bread. Lacee and I talked about suggestions for upcoming projects. At the end, everyone helped clean up. I walked out with Lacee.
I went home. I saw Chris had been there. He left the bread machine open so I started a loaf of bread. I ate leftover chicken in the fridge, then made and ate breakfast. I wanted to move the photos from the small laptop to my laptop. So I called Chris and he told me where to find a thumb drive. He also told me he had put the laundry in the washer and dryer. So I took the whites out of the dryer and hung up the shirts. I moved the darks to the dryer and hung up the delicates. I opened the boxes Chris had gotten from the post office - more supplements.
Dynee texted me that she wanted to walk the trail. So I went out to meet her. We walked the trail and had a nice conversation. I picked some pokeweed leaves along the way. A cure for constipation. When we got back, she went to make supper. I went to finish the photos. I used the thumb drive to move the pics. Chris came home so I asked him where my camera was. He reached into his laptop bag and pulled it out. I had already searched it and not found the camera. I hooked it to my laptop and found 5 files. One had pics from China, spanning three days. I made dated files in my pictures folder, then moved the pics from the camera. The other files on the camera were older. I figured they had been downloaded before, but just in case, I made a special folder for them. Then I deleted the folders from the camera so the next pics would be all in one place. I started processing e-mail and doing Sudoku. Chris was ready to watch TV so he came and sat with me. We had a Netflix disc with episodes of Lucifer, something Michele and Marie recommended. Well, it wasn't boring. Lucifer comes to Los Angeles on vacation and stays to help a detective solve murders. Interesting premise as long as it doesn't get dark. Chris went to bed because he had to get up at 4 for a 5am call. He helped me clear the bed of all the things I bought in China. Then I stayed up to post to my blog.

No comments: