Monday, May 1, 2017

The reluctant president

I got up after 8, having dreamed I ate a piece of bread. I checked my coffee morning schedule. It was harder because I had no coffee pot. I tried using a small cooking pot but it did not hold enough water. So I heated water on the stove instead. I played an Oprah meditation, but could not make out the words well enough in the other room. After meditating and tapping, I started cleaning in bathrooms.
When I realized I needed more hydrogen peroxide, I thought it would be enough to make my Amazon order possible. So I added it, but it was still not enough (.66 short). So I added a package of cacao powder. Finally the order was large enough for the Add-On coffee pot. But then when I checked out, Amazon said it could not ship the coffee pot to this address. The “Learn more” link took me to a page listing all the reasons something can't be shipped to an address– no idea which one would apply to a simple coffee pot. I had to waste time looking at other coffee pots. I ended up with one at twice the price, but it was shippable.
I finished cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. I made a celery smoothie and drank it as best I could. Since the celery froze in the lower bin, it was kind of yucky.
Dynee texted me to go walking at 1. So when I finished the smoothie, I rebooted the desktop (in response to a message about updates), and went outside to water the potted plants. Dynee saw me watering and asked if I could scan something for her, So we went inside and put her ID and passport on the scanner. I told it to scan in color because I hadn't changed the black ink cartridge yet. It came out nicely, except for all the important information which was in black. But then we had to leave to meet Myra at her parking lot.
We ran into Terri walking Lulu so we stopped to talk. Then we waited a moment for Myra. The three of us walked out the front gate and went straight. When we could no longer go straight, we turned left and walked a ways. We found the store Dynee had seen from a bus, but it was closed. She could see in the window that they did not have the wreath she was looking for.
So we turned around and headed for the everyday market. We looked at plants in several places. I looked for coffee pots in several booths, but I guess Koreans don't have the kind of coffee makers that we do. We even looked at shoes. Finally we went to the jewelry store where the man puts batteries and bands on my watches. I handed him the Polar watch. He took it apart, and fiddled and fiddled. It was so hot in there, that I waited outside for a bit. Dynee waited inside. Other people came and went. His helper (wife?) waited on them. And still he fiddled. Finally Dynee called Ms. Chong on her phone. I gave it to the man and he explained to her that he forgot how he took it apart and could not get it back together. She gave him her phone number so he could call when he got the head man (from another store) to fix it. I thought Chris might remember how he did it yesterday, but Chris did not answer when I called.
Then we walked back to the base. Myra left for her house just as Chaun was getting into her car. I asked if they were having a going-away party and they said no, so I told her I had something for her and would bring it by later. Then Dynee and I walked to our duplex. We agreed to meet to walk to the FRG meeting at 5:50. I made and ate breakfast and checked e-mail. I got the idea to present gifts to the out-going FRG board, but what? I thought of the petunias, but two were larger than the third and I didn't want anyone to feel they got less. I took the cupcake pincushion which I wanted to give to Chaun and trimmed it up, trying to get all the edges free of the ink I drew the circles with. But afterward, the white frosting circles just looked dirty. So I started another cupcake. I drew and cut all the circles, trimming as need to make sure the ink was gone. Then I went outside to meet Dynee. I checked my phone and there was a message from her that they were leaving at 5:45, which was 6 minutes ago. So I headed to the meeting by myself. Myra met me as I passed her place and we walked together. Dynee and her husband were there, as were Hewett and Kelsey and Carolyn. Then Amber rushed in, apologizing for being late, but she had just come from work to be there. We chatted for a minute until Maria came in. Then Amber asked who wanted to be president. We all looked at each other and finally I said I would do it. Maria agreed to continue as treasurer and Kelsey agreed to become secretary. No one wanted vice-president, though to be fair, Myra and Dynee and Hewett and Ryan were ineligible. Excepting the former board members and the new ones, no one was left. Then Allycin came in. She was brand new and was just curious. So Hewett explained it to her. We talked about the problem with setting up an account with the bank. We agreed to meet again next Thursday. Then the meeting broke up. I stayed to talk a little longer. I got contact info from Maria and Kelsey. Then Myra and Allycin and I walked home. I was cold so I walked faster while the other two talked. Then Allycin and I walked together as far as my house.
When I got in, Chris was on his laptop. He asked if he was now First Man. Ha. I asked if he wanted to sleep with the president.
I had something to drink and a snack. I practiced my trombone. I resumed work on my cupcake. Chris called back that he was ready to watch. I came out with parts to work on. We watched two episodes. He went back to his laptop. I asked him to check on the desktop which hadn't rebooted correctly. Then I asked him to refill the black ink. After that, I scanned my passport and ID and it worked well. I texted Dynee in case she wanted to try again tomorrow. Then I sat down to write my blog as Chris went to bed. Myra had sent me a picture on my phone and I had to figure out how to get it to my computer. I answered Faye's e-mail. I deleted a few other e-mails. Then I finished my blog and posted it so I could go to bed.
* Here is a picture of some artwork that was on display at the Cherry Blossom Festival *

No comments: