Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Two out of three

Last night I listened to a sleep track that I programmed. But it went on for some time and I did not fall asleep. So I went to bed.
I woke up early, but fell back asleep and did not get up until after 8. Chris had taken the recyclables out and had put a chicken in the oven to slow roast.
I drank a quart of water. I checked my phone: there was a text from the secretary saying she could not make the meeting. I checked e-mail. I listened to an interview from the Microbiome Medicine Summit.
I cleaned up the desk and coffee table. Previously, it took a bit of faith to be sure there was a coffee table under all that stuff. I found a box of fancy cookies. I decided to leave it as a snack. I added a jar of sweet potato sticks and a bowl of seed crackers. I selected a few kid-friendly DVD's in case Maria brought her kids. I also picked up clutter on the diningroom table. I found a card sent to Chris a year ago. I laid in on his laptop. I even cleaned up some in the kitchen. My house never looked so good.
But 10:30 came and went. I worked on another sleep track until 10:45. Then I called her. She was at 1201A which is the house number I gave her. Yikes. I apologized and told her 1301A. Soon she appeared, with her two sons, one about 4, and one in a car seat. The latter one was sleeping. She put a movie on her phone and handed it to the former one. He sat quietly watching while his mother and I talked. The conversation took the whole time. I was glad I had my class stuff ready to go. I picked up all the bags and went outside. Dynee was waiting for me. So we walked to the chapel together. No one was waiting. We got out two machines and then three people walked in. Each one wanted to work on something different. As we were getting out the stuff, other ladies came in. Dynee and Chong made the flea and tick repellent dog bandannas. So Young worked on a top for her daughter. Tammy made QOV blocks. Chantal worked on her quilt (when her daughter would let her be). Anna … not sure what she worked on. Lacee worked on a 100 wishes quilt. Suzanne worked on her cushion cover. I made a solution for for bandannas and soaked them. I gave a black bag to each to carry their wet bandanna. At 3 we packed up. As we were leaving, we saw Ms. Sung scrubbing at spots on the chapel carpet. I asked her if she needed a carpet cleaner, but the man watching her explained that the carpet was in squares and would fray under the scrubbing action of the machine. Then we left. Lacee walked with me as far as her house. Ironically, just after we parted, the man from Housing called out. He told me that we could use the 2nd floor for sewing classes starting next week. So when I got home, I Facebooked Lacee to tell her we could move the stuff from the chapel on Monday afternoon, and that seemed to work for her.
I hadn't had breakfast so I ate a few seed crackers. I remembered that Dynee had thrown out some plants at the top of the hill by the steps. I took a bucket and rescued the potting soil from the plants. I saw boxes Chris had left from lunchtime. I opened one and it was black cumin seed oil. The other one was an order from Swansons.
I thought about the upcoming meeting and what I should say, making a few notes. Dynee had suggested that I finish Amber's apron as a thank-you gift from the new president to the old president. So I walked to the chapel and searched all the baskets of fabric looking for it. The unfinished apron was not there. I went home.
I got out the mower and cut my lawn and Dynee's lawn. She rushed out to pick up the dog poop, but I had already mowed there, and had not stepped in it. I repotted two plants that had too much clay in their pots. Although it had not rained today, the plants did not seem to need watering. I picked and ate some of the lettuce and a pea pod. Chris came home from work. When I came in, he said the chicken was ready. So I ate some of that and it was good. The bones were so soft that they fell apart in my mouth. I composed a meeting reminder message for the FRG. I spaced it out and changed some of the font sizes and colors. I even grabbed an image from the net to add. But when I uploaded it all to Facebook, all the fancy spacing was lost. Still, it was better than a boring message. I texted the secretary and asked her to share it to the FRG page. We also set up a time to meet.
When Chris was ready, we watched two episodes of Once Upon a Time. I took my evening supplements. I watched a video on how to take black cumin seed oil. I finalized my sleep track and moved it to my tablet. I queued it up and paused it for later. Then I wrote up my blog post for today.

No comments: