Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Mowing here and there

I laid in bed, making intentions for the day, when suddenly I remembered the recyclables. I raced out of bed, threw on some clothes, and put a few plastic bottles in a bag. There were two cans as well. Not much. But I took the bags out to the curb. Nelson was putting his stuff out, and he greeted me by name. He also mentioned meeting Chris yesterday. His wife was standing on the steps. Dynee was out and about, too. So I was glad I took a moment to get dressed.
I went in to drink my quart of water. Then I got out the mower and mowed our lawn and Dynee's. I plugged up the mower to recharge. Then I checked e-mail and later made and ate breakfast. I packed a bag with fabrics for today's class.
Then I got out the mower and pushed it across the street and down to the trail and over to the quadplex. Deron was sitting there, watching his pack-out. I guessed it wasn't the best day for mowing their lawn. I did not want to get grass clippings in their packing boxes, so I just headed for the front part. Ross came along and said they weren't paying me enough. He also told me that he and his wife pick the prickly thistle and roast the roots for coffee. Hmm. I continued mowing and Myra came out. She saw me mowing and got a pair of grass clippers to trim it up. We worked until quarter of noon. Then she offered to mow the little bit that was left. I ran home and washed up, putting on clean clothes. I grabbed my fabric bag and the gift bag with the cupcake and card in it. Chris called to ask for his CAC card so I picked it up as well. I headed down to the quad. I gave the gift bag to Deron. Chris was walking up, so I handed him the CAC card. Myra was just leaving her place, so we walked to class together.
At first, it was just Lacee, Myra and me. I was afraid no one else was coming and I did not bring a project to work on. But Lacee was doing stack-n-whack. Very interesting. Then Chong came and showed off the quilt she made. It was a teal checkerboard with an ocean theme. Anna showed up, but did not make anything. Sue came, too, and wanted to make a quilt like Chong's. Allicyn and Maria wanted to make pillowcases. Maria made a small one for a small pillow. Allicyn did not finish hers because she had to wait for a machine.
Chong wanted to go to the watch shop, so Sue and I went with her. She parked near the bank and we walked. When we got there, my watch was ready. I paid $5 for the battery. Chong needed a battery, too. It took him a bit to get the watch apart, but then it went well. Soon we were back in the car and going back to the base. They wanted to stop at the corner market. I didn't think I needed anything, but I got fermented soybeans, cucumbers and sprouts. Then Chong took me home. Dynee was outside and we agreed to meet soon. I put the food away and had something to drink. Then I watered the rest of the flowers.
I went to Dynee's house. We trimmed the extra batting from the quilt. I sewed the ends of the binding together, and stitched it down. Then I showed her how to whip-stitch the binding and fold the corners. She said she could handle it from there. So I went home.
I rummaged through the fridge, looking for something to eat. Chris came home. I asked him to go fetch the battery from the lawn mower so I could recharge it. He ate his supper, and then I put chocolates in a bag for Scott. We walked down to the quad. I delivered the chocolate to Myra. Chris got the battery from the mower. We chatted with Myra for a few minutes, then walked back home. We plugged the battery in to recharge. Soon we were watching episodes of Once Upon a Time. We sat through 4 of them. Then Chris went to bed. The tapping buddy that I was supposed to skype at 10:30, wrote to ask if we could move it to Friday. That was fine with me. Then I wrote up my blog, took my evening supplements, and went to bed.
* This is today's sample project. *

No comments: