Monday, January 31, 2011

Trading

Got up at 7:30 when the alarm went off. Spent the next half hour on e-mail. Then showered and had breakfast. I packed another mat in with the other two and set it by the door. Then packed cheese and bean salad for lunch. As I was packing my black fabric for the exchange, my back seized and I rolled onto the floor like a distressed cockroach. As I lay there, I went through my day envisioning what would happen if I stayed home the rest of the day. Not too bad, but I had promised three people that I would bring cutting mats to sell. I can't break a promise, so I said a prayer, and got up. I called Chris for help, but he didn't answer his phone. So I hung my blue bag on one shoulder, and the mat box on the other. Away I went, in baby steps. I was late for the meeting, but I made it. Cathy was there setting up already. As soon as a few other women showed up, we had show-and-tell, and the black-and-white fabric exchange. That was great. We each got 10+ fat quarters of b/w fabric. Next week we will bring ideas of fat quarter quilts. We also brought 2.5 inch strips to make fence rail blocks for the flood victims in Australia. We had a great turn-out for this. It was wonderful, especially at lunch. It was quite a buffet. We worked on baby quilts, too. Chris called to ask me to get cash at the bank, so after we packed up, I drove to the DHL and got cash for our vacation. I didn't want to carry that much money, so I went to Chris' office to give it to him. Then I went home. I considered laying down, but that usually makes my back stiff. So I stayed up, on the computer and in my sewing room. I spent a little time reading in front of the HappyLight. Around 6 Michele went to post to meet Chris to go to a movie. I of course stayed home. Helle and Cathy gave me charm squares today, so I integrated them with the ones I got at the quilt show, and started sewing. I put on the TV for some sound in the apartment. When they came home, Chris was carrying boxes. I got THREE today. Who-hoo! Most notable was my fabric from Japan. That box also contains Sue's fabric, so I guess I should let her know...

No comments: