Sunday, April 30, 2017

Trimming and Edging and Mowing, Oh my!

I stayed up late last night gluing the ends of the necklace (all six of them) and wrapping them with another piece. Then I left it to dry and went to bed. I listened to a delta brainwave CD after I laid down, and almost fell asleep before it was over.
In the morning, Chris got up before I did. I arose at 8 to drink water and read e-mail. My computer was running very slowly, so I closed a recently opened window, but that did not help much. I resumed watching the video in the next most recently opened window. I had to pause it at 9:35 to take my shower and get dressed. I chose a green dress to go with my new necklace. Chris came home from church about 10:15. I put stuff in my Sunday purse and put on my shoes. Then he drove me to church. I passed the chaplain in the hallway. I mentioned that Ms. Kim and I were working on “On Eagles Wings”. He talked about having another singing Sunday. I used the restroom one last time, then sat in my usual seat. The praise team was not feeling well, so the chaplain led some hymns instead. They were acapella. Then we passed the peace and had communion. The sermon was about the Israelites in the wilderness, complaining about the lack of water, or food. God chides them for complaining, them gives them manna and water from a rock.
After the service, So Young came over to examine my haircut and ask how I liked it. She wanted me to tell Chris she would cut his hair too. Ms. Pae said she was going to Ms. Kim's daughter's wedding. I think she wanted me to go, too. The chaplain had told everyone that Wes was leaving. So I said goodbye to him. Then I called Chris to come get me. I walked to the commissary and waited for him to arrive. We shopped for groceries together. There were a lot of people in the commissary and the line at the cash register went past the coconut milk in aisle two. We had brought bags, so I handed them to the young lad who was bagging groceries. Chris put a tip in the jar. Then we took our food to the car, and I drove us home. We put the food away, then we went outside so Chris could take my picture wearing my new necklace. Then I changed my clothes. Our neighbors wanted to edge their lawn, so I pulled out our mower and the edger attachment. I texted them that it was there. But not long after, they texted back that it was just a trimmer. I hunted up the instructions, which clearly indicated it was an edger as well. I fished out the string, and then attached it to the mower. I fired it up to make sure it worked. Then I put on shoes, and did some edging. I saw my neighbors in their back yard and invited them to try it. I left it to them and watered my pots and plants. Dynee swept the sidewalk. I talked to her for awhile. Then I played around with the edging and trimming capabilities of the mower. I put it away and plugged the battery in so it would have a full charge in case I wanted to mow the grass at the quad later.
Chris went to see a movie. I pulled at the weeds growing among the bricks in the back. Dynee and her husband used a mixture of vinegar, salt, and Dawn dishsoap to kill their weeds. I was worried about the salt, because it's pretty permanent. But I made my own with kombucha, salt, and Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. I poured it on just the bricks close to the house. I had something to eat. I read e-mail and finished the interview from earlier. When I closed that window, my laptop worked faster.
When Chris got back from the movies, I asked him to check my Polar watch, to see how to start it. But he said what I feared: that the battery needed replacing (again). I cleared more e-mail and listened to one of Oprah's meditations. I wrote to Amber that if no one had stepped up to run for President of the FRG, that I would do it until someone else could be found (or I had to leave). I listened to two interviews from the Global Stress Summit.
Chris sat with me and we watched three episodes of Once Upon a Time. Then he retired to his laptop and I typed up my blog post for the day.
* I got one, positive, comment on my necklace in church. *

No comments: