Thursday, June 1, 2017

10,000 steps

Last night I added pics to the last few days of my blog. I noticed some digestive distress, and realized I had none in China. Was it the coconut products?
I did not wake up when Chris got up at 4 for an early call.
It was probably 9 when I got up. The bathroom door was shut and it was all misty so I turned on the fan and opened the window. I drank a quart of water. I swished while reading e-mail. I turned the dryer on because the clothes from yesterday weren't quite dry. I got nearly caught up on the daily tapping audios that I missed in China.
I made and ate breakfast. I took a shower and got dressed. I put birthday presents in a box for Faye and Kevin, and labeled it. I put money in my wallet and Epsom salts in my bag. I walked to the post office to mail the package. Then I walked to my massage. I passed the flower place, and hoped to spend more time on the return trip.
I got there right on time. I paid and handed the lady Epsom salts. The lady brought me a tub of really hot water with my Epsom salts mixed in. I could hardly put my feet in and she said (in Korean) No problem. Easy for her to say. Then she brought me a cup of iced tea. It was wonderful on such a hot day. I closed my eyes and leaned back. I mustered all the positive thoughts I could think of. Then the man turned on some music (he remembered) and dried my feet. Then he massaged my feet and calves for half an hour. When he was done, I thanked him, and said I would be back next week. I don't know if he understands, or is just used to it.
Then I walked to the market. I stopped at Daiso for tiny little gift boxes. Dynee texted me wanted to go for a walk. I told her I was at Daiso. I also got food in the market – cucumbers, apples, carrots, raspberries and lettuce. I bought a spool of thread for sewing class.
I left the market to walk home. On the way, Dynee called to say she was on her way to meet me. So I walked out to the main street and we soon found each other. But she did not want to walk back to base. She wanted to walk to the Jinhae tower and go up the 365 steps. The apples and cucumbers were really heavy so I said no. But she took my bag and off we went – to the tower, up the front and down the back. Then we went back to post. On the way I remembered to give her the Chinese currency she wanted.
But just as we were passing the gym, there was a table out with t-shirts. MWR was having a fun run. I am not sure those two words go together. But anyway, we decided to walk it. So we set off down the trail. Once out of sight, we went to our houses to drop off the food and get something to drink. We were so thirsty! Then we continued down the trail. Dynee wanted some pokeweed for herself, since it worked so well for me. (I left that morning detail out.) So we walked as far at the wooded area and found 4 large plants. She picked some leaves and we turned around and went back. But the table of t-shirts was gone. So we went into the gym. We ran into ladies we knew so there was lots of conversation. The front desk said they only had two shirts left, XL and XXL. They were too big, but Dynee and I thought they might shrink. I weighed myself at the gym. I was down a few pounds, I think.
We went home. I put the shirt inside the house, then went out to water the plants. It took a long time. I was so tired. When the watering was done, I put out a can of beer for the slugs. I made up a 12 day supply of supplements. Then I washed some lettuce for supper. Chris came home. He had been at a going-away party so he had already eaten. I checked e-mail, and then we watched TV. We watched the last episode of Lucifer on the disc. We wanted to watch The Last Emperor, but Netflix only had it on DVD. I found a copy on Youtube, but it was not very good quality. So Chris called up Shetland on the little laptop. He hooked it to the TV and we watched for 35 minutes. Then he paused it so he could attend a conference call. I caught up on all the Sudoku I missed.
After the call, we finished watching Shetland. It was a 'to be continued' type of episode. He read e-mail while I finished up the last puzzle. I took my evening supplements. I wrote up my blog post for the day and posted it. I needed to order more supplements, but the offer lasts until 1pm tomorrow.
* Our little laptop that Chris bought just to take to China *

No comments: