Saturday, February 16, 2019

Dealing with crap

I woke up about 7:30. I made breakfast and ate it. I made lunch and supper and packed them up. I read a little e-mail. I arrived at the hospital a little before 10. Dad was dressed. I poured some MCT oil in a spoon for him. It spilled down the side of the bottle. We all talked for a bit. The rain had turned to sleet and then snow. I told Faye to leave while she could. Dad wanted cash, so he wrote a check to Faye to cash for him, then suggested I go with her. So the two of us left in her car. We stopped at Cosco for gas. Then we went to the bank. Because my sister did not have an account, they were going to charge her to cash the check. Because I did have an account with them, she signed it over to me, and I signed it too, so the teller gave me the cash. Faye took me back to the hospital. Peggy called Faye's phone and I answered it. So I talked to her for awhile, and then Faye did when we were in the parking lot.
Faye drove up to the main entrance and let me out. I joined Dad in his room. We went for a walk up and down the halls. When we got back, he was tired, but it was time for lunch. I ate while he ate, but he had a lot more food. Plus I added some sauerkraut, some salmon, and some MCT oil to his meal. Again, the MCT oil ran down the side of the bottle and made a mess. When I was done eating, I got out my sewing kit and mended a pair of pants for Dad. Then Michele called and we had a nice chat. William called to say the hall toilet was stopped up and he thought it should be replaced. I called Chris and he looked up the number of Dad's plumber. I called William and he said he would take care of it, using another plumber.
After lunch, we both laid down for a nap. I had finally fallen asleep when the pastor and his daughter came for a visit, waking us up. Dad went back to sleep afterward, but I laid awake for a long time before my mind would sleep. Dad said he woke up in time to take a walk before supper, but I was fast asleep so he did not wake me. I woke up when the food delivery person brought supper. Seems like I can't catch a break.
While Dad ate, I got out my supper, which was a salad with cheese cubes, etc. I shared the cucumbers and cheese with Dad. Again, I gave him some MCT oil, and again it spilled. I texted Kurt to ask him to get on Amazon to see how other people solve that problem.
Faye arrived. She brought a new flapper for the toilet and a closet organizer. We talked for a bit. Kurt called me back, so Faye took the time to go to Subway to pick up supper. On my way to the house, I stopped at Fresh Market to buy a hot chicken. I also picked up prunes for Dad. I wanted an oil carafe to use with the MCT oil so it could be dispensed and not leak, but they did not sell them.
When I got to the house, the back toilet was running, but stopped quickly with a push to the handle. I ate some of the chicken. I called Chris to see how he was doing. I checked e-mail. I plunged the hall toilet and it all went down. I compared the new flapper to the old flapper and realized the connection was different. I read a few more e-mails. I talked to William and Faye. I sunk a gallon jug of water into the back toilet tank to reduce the amount of water in each flush. I also shortened the chain because it was getting caught under the flapper. I hung the organizer in Dad's closet. I washed dishes, and listened to an audio that I thought would include tapping, but it did not. I drank some warm ginger tea to hydrate. I wrote my blog post and downloaded pics from my camera. Once I published it, it was time for bed.
* These are the lovely flowers that Mary sent. *

No comments: