Sunday, February 3, 2019

My 48 hours are over

I woke up around 8 after having a dream about flying in a small airplane. I got bored sitting in the cockpit so I climbed out on to the top. I fell asleep there and did not wake up until the plant landed. It was in someone's yard. I got a ride home and came back later for it. The plane was not there, so I knocked on the door. I ended up looking at the artwork of the lady who opened the door. I am not sure I ever got my plane back.
I took a shower, which means figuring out Dad's system and how to work around it. I got dressed and checked my phone and saw a text from Kurt. We texted back and forth. I took my supplements and homeopathics 5 minutes apart. I made breakfast while listening to an audio. I ate breakfast and got together what I wanted for church.
When Faye arrived, I was ready. I got in her car and she drove us to church. We arrived 30 minutes early. So we went to Westbury Pharmacy and got the hand rails for around the toilet and some chucks. Then we drove back to church.
We were greeted by people who wanted to know about Dad's condition. Faye talked to a lady in the back and then we sat together for the service. After the service, Faye talked to a gyn surgeon(?) who was sitting in back of us. We described the situation and she said the case worker would be very helpful. Switch programs to another hospital to get more exercise. Then we went into the fellowship hall for Souper bowl Sunday. Nine people had brought pots of soup. We tasted them and then voted for the best one while dropping cash in the basket. They were all good.
Afterward, there was a very entertaining presentation on how to get a phone, tablet or laptop on the church wi-fi. And how to navigate to the church web page and the church Facebook page. Plus doing 'likes' and 'shares' of church events. People brought their devices for 1 on 1 help if needed.
Then Faye started setting the room up for the seniors who will use it tomorrow. I helped and some other ladies did as well. Then Faye dropped me off at Dad's house and went to feed someone's cats. I called Kurt to see if he needed me to come to the hospital to relieve him so he could go home. We talked for over half an hour. While Kurt's back was turned, Dad got himself out of bed, into the wheelchair, to the bathroom, and onto the toilet. When Dad was back in bed, and Faye had not shown up yet, Kurt left for home. I texted Faye and she was in the elevator. So there wasn't much time between them.
My back was hurting so I went for a half hour walk around the neighborhood. I had a bite to eat. I washed dishes and containers so I could pack a breakfast and lunch. I drank some more of that probiotic drink that William bought me. It tastes like sauerkraut. I cut up some ginger root and boiled it for tea. I laid down and talked to William for a while. I read some e-mail. I laid on the vibrating recliner until the vibration stopped. I talked to Cecily. She said Dad could exercise in his chair with a can of soup. She told me to ask what his score was on the Allen Cognitive Scale. She also insisted he needed to hire someone to live with him or move in with one of us. I put a paid bill in the mail. I packed my little rolling suitcase with clothes for me and Dad. I wrote up the blog post for today, then got ready to go to the hospital so Faye could go home.

No comments: