Saturday, February 2, 2019

No Therapy today

Since it was so cold out, I set the back bathroom faucet to a slow drip. I texted Kurt while brushing my teeth and swishing. I turned off the router and got dressed for bed. I put my phone on airplane mode and turned off the lights and went to sleep.
When I awoke, it was after 9. I turned off the faucet, made breakfast, and watered the plants. I turned on the router to check e-mail. I texted Kurt. He had had to give his pants to Dad, who had leaked on his own. Then Dad leaked on Kurt's pants too. So Faye brought both pairs to me around 11 so I could wash them with the other stuff I had. We talked while doing laundry, mostly about how to hire a caregiver for when he gets home.
She left around 4. I realized that I had left some things out of the wash, so I put them in the washer and found some other stuff to add to it. But I did not run it. I went for a quick walk around the neighborhood. Then I made out a grocery list. I went to Food Lion because it was the nearest store and easy to get to. I wanted to do it during daylight because I have little energy at night. But it took me a long time to shop. My brain was taking a long time to make decisions. It was dark by the time I got out.
I had bought a rotisserie chicken. So I took the groceries home and put the refrigerated stuff away. I ate a piece of the hot rotisserie chicken, then put it in the fridge too. I took the bag of pants and pajama pieces to the hospital to give to Kurt.
Since my hands had broken out and Faye said it was from something at Dad's house and I said it was from the hospital, I decided not to touch anything at the hospital and see what happened (or didn't happen). I was going to hand the bags to Kurt and leave.
But there was stuff to talk about and Dad wanted to write a check to the church. I had brought the envelops, but not the checkbook. I was too tired to go home and get it, so Kurt went to Dad's house to get it. While he was gone, I called the nurse to take Dad to the bathroom. He did not have the result he was hoping for. A new nurse came on duty. The day nurse filled him in on Dad's condition. Kurt came back with the checkbook. Dad called the nurse to get him out of the bathroom. Then she was going to put him to bed, but he remembered that he hadn't written the check yet. Oh, and he wanted to wash his hands. So she let him maneuver the wheelchair into the bathroom to do that. I promised to look after him so she could leave. When he was done washing, he rolled himself back to the main area. The male nurse came in to take his blood pressure. He also put the tray table in front of Dad. Then I handed Dad the envelops and the check book and a pen. But he could not figure out what to do. After awhile, I could see that prompting was needed. So I suggested that he write a check to cover his offering until the end of February. He could not calculate the amount so I did. And he was cool with that. So I wrote the check and he signed it. I put it in the Feb 3 envelope to take to church tomorrow.
My hands were red and inflamed. I suggested that Kurt could take Dad for a roll in the hall. Kurt said he had rolled Dad to Subway and back. Go Kurt! Kurt gave me a shirt that Dad had gotten wet. I took it home and threw it in the wash, starting the washer. I put more groceries away and ate some olives. I rubbed some ghee on my itchy ear since I did not have anything else. I rubbed a lotion bar on my hands. I cleared out e-mail. I started writing my blog post. Then I noticed the ozone cream. I put some of that on my hands. I texted Kurt about the neurological test about how many words can you think of in a minute. I figured if Dad did not do well on that test, he could practice.
I talked to Chris. He thought Dad should be able to practice walking with family members present. I agree that Dad needs more practice than he can get with only 3 hours of therapy. I think he should stand up once an hour. I texted back and forth with Faye while I took my evening supplements 6 minutes apart. I cleared some e-mail and was ready for bed.
* This is from yesterday. *

No comments: