Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday


I set my alarm for 7 and went to bed. It was after 11. I don't remember having any trouble falling asleep. But for some reason, I woke up while it was still dark and could not fall asleep again. Eventually dawn came, and I got up two minutes before the alarm went off. I got dressed, put my lunch and a few other things in my rolling suitcase. I took my morning supplements. I put the case in the car and headed out. But what looked like just a little frost on the windshield was blinding in the sun. So I had to pull over and scrape it off. My fingers got very cold. I continued to the hospital. Faye was sitting, watching Dad eat breakfast. I had forgotten to bring more fat bombs, but there was one left over from last night. I gave him that one, plus some ground up pumpkin seeds for zinc. Faye and I talked for a bit, then she left for church.
I ate my breakfast while Dad finished his. He shaved, then rolled into the bathroom to wash his shaver. When he came back, he was looking for crackers to eat. So I turned on the TV and found a sermon for him to watch. Actually, it turned out to be two sermons back to back. The male nurse came in to give Dad his pills and supplements. We listened to the TV for another hour to hear the service at First Baptist. They posted the words so we could sing along with the hymns.
Dad had a problem with a spot on his gums. He removed his top denture. I disinfected my hands, and took a look. I wiped out some food. I put a beadlet of essential oils on it and told him to hold it there with his tongue until it popped. But he said he never felt it. So then I had him swish several times with salt water. Just then lunch was delivered. He ate the soft foods first, then rinsed again with salt water and cleaned his mouth. I cleaned the denture and put more polygrip on it. Then he ate his sandwich and spinach. I didn't have a fat bomb, so I gave him some of my avocado dip. I had cauliflower florets and an orange for lunch.
The pastor and his family stopped by around 2. Pastor Dave said Dad was looking really good, better than before the fall. Then Faye arrived. We had a nice visit. They left for lunch. Faye went back to the car for her book about Jerusalem.
I handed Dad some bills to be paid. Faye helps him fill out the checks. His electric bill was almost $500 and we couldn't figure out why. I packed my bag and left.
On the way home, I stopped at Fresh Market to look for turmeric root, but they were out. I looked at jars of soup. The ingredients were too small to read, but my phone camera blew up the image to where I could see it. None of them met my criteria. As I went through the check-out, I showed my dad's pic to see if the checker knew him. She wasn't sure. I said he was going to be unable to drive and could they deliver groceries for him. She called the manager. He said they were working on getting delivery service, but they did not have it yet.
When I got to the house, I listened to Dad's messages. I boiled a piece of chicken. I ate while deleting e-mail, and finishing a game of Solitaire. Then I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. My dad wanted his neighbor to know what happened to him, so I rang the neighbor's doorbell, but no one came to the door.
When I got to the house, I saw Chris had texted, so I called him back. He was doing taxes and wanted to talk about charitable contributions. It is taxing work from a distance. He was also upset about our car tags expiring in January and we got nothing in the mail, and the tag office is only open on the days he can't make it.
I took a shower, or tried to. The water would not come out of the shower head, so it sprayed all over the wall behind it. I ended up taking a bath. After putting on clean clothes, I made a salad for supper, but could not eat it all. I found a word find book for Dad.

No comments: