Sunday, February 17, 2019

Puzzling over the pieces

I woke up early and could not go back to sleep. I got up at 7 to make breakfast, I made an extra one for tomorrow. I made and packed a lunch. I found a clean shirt for Dad.
I went to the hospital. Dad was doing a puzzle with Faye. After he finished it, I broke it up again so he could try it on his own. Faye went home to get ready for church. Dad finished the puzzle. Then we went for a long walk up and down the halls. I ran into a therapist so I asked him if I could walk Dad without the walker. He went to ask someone and came back to say I needed permission from Dad's regular therapist.
We laid down before lunch. I could not fall asleep, but he did. He woke up when lunch was delivered. As he ate his lunch, I ate mine. I gave him some kimchi and ground pumpkin seed. I also dipped a clean knife in the Brain Octane Oil and dripped it into a spoon until it was full. Earlier I had thought using a straw like a pipette would be perfect, but all the straws are plastic.
Dad wanted to lay down after lunch, so we did. I stayed awake knowing Faye was coming. She arrived about 2:30, just as Dad woke up to use the bathroom. She showed Dad how she paid her bills ahead so she could write all her checks one day a month. I packed up my bag and drove back to the house.
William was here, finishing up cleaning out the back bedroom. He carried an old radio out to the car and went home. I put my dirty laundry and Dad's into the washer. While it washed, I ate some chicken and the last of the kimchi. I boiled ginger to make tea. I listened to an audio until the washer was done. I threw the laundry in the dryer, then bundled up to take a walk. After going around the neighborhood, I tried walking to Dad's dentist. The big road was too busy to walk along, but it seemed as though one could walk behind the wall.
When I got back, I called Chris and talked to him until the dryer finished. I cleaned up my stuff in case Kevin comes over to clean. I talked to Faye, which resulting in printing a form, and finding Dad's phone to recharge it. I cleaned some stuff out of the hall bathroom so the plumber would have room to work. I folded laundry. Some went into my suitcase and a pair of pants for Dad into the suitcase. I collected trash and put it out for pickup. I ate some salad and packed the rest for lunch tomorrow. I took a shower. I read e-mail. I washed dishes. I packed my suitcase published my blog and went back to the hospital.

No comments: