Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Quilt Meeting


Last night after writing to my blog, I stayed up to iron all my fabric and watch 'Excaliber'. Michele warned me that it was creepy and it was, at times. It was trite at times and had some funny lines. They must have changed directors several times during the movie.
Anyway, I got to bed VERY late. Chris had to be up early, and I didn't get up to make his sandwich. I slept right through making Michele's sandwich, too. I got up around 9:30. While working on my e-mail and chatting on Facebook, I got a SKYPE call from my f-i-l who just got back from a trip to Florida. Sounds pretty good to me. I spent the afternoon cutting, sewing and preparing for the quilt group to meet tonight at the cafeteria. After work, Chris drove me to the cafeteria and carried all my stuff. We had to figure out how to use the 'key' which was a rectangular piece of metal. I turned on the lights and dismissed Chris. However, being there alone was a little uncomfortable. No one was on-time and I began to wonder if I'd be alone all night. I had just enough juice left in my phone to call for a ride home. But one lady called to say she wasn't coming and talked until my phone went dead. By that time, other ladies had arrived so I could breathe easy. We all had a great time and it was well-attended even though some people who were expected didn't come. I showed them my idea for creating piping in the middle of a half square triangle block by sandwiching a double-folded strip of red between two other squares and cutting between twin rows of stitching. The meeting broke up around 10 and everybody went home.
I am tired tonight so I think I will leave the sewing for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Dale has been asking me if I want to try SKYPE.

Fern said...

Hey, its free. What have you got to lose?