Monday, February 2, 2009

They came, they saw, they did a little talking.


I arose at 6 to make lunches. After husband and daughter left, I started cleaning again. I rewiped the bathrooms, and kitchen. I lit candles to add fragrance. I cleared more clutter. I cut up fruit for the salad. I even put in one grapple (that is an apple that tastes like a grape). I put out the salsa and chips. I put out plates, forks and napkins. I hung 16 quilt blocks on the sliding kitchen doors. All was ready. Then Tina and Andrea came over with quiche, cranberry salad, and a vegetable tray. It was wonderful. But where were the quilters? They were late. Several didn't come because of the superbowl. (It started at 8am). But we had enough chairs. We talked and planned. We ate and drank. We looked at magazines. They saw my sewing room. We exchanged Secret Sister gifts. We had a drawing for the block of the month. Then, regrettably, they all left about 1:30. It was so nice to have them over and to have a clean apartment.
I spent the afternoon chatting on the computer and doing Sudoku puzzles. (I wouldn't say my computer is slow, but there is a reason I keep a Sudoku book beside it). Michele and then Chris came home. I read for a while. It was so nice and peaceful.

No comments: