Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quilt Class


All I did today was get ready for quilt class. Well, and put away laundry. I went through the lesson, making a sample for myself. I cut pieces to demonstrate on during class. I organized the fabric pieces. I packed rulers, mats, cutters, etc. I was a little anxious, but it went ok. I got there about 6:10 and started setting up. People began arriving almost immediately. The class was supposed to start about 6:30, but people were setting up and asking me questions, and keeping me from cutting the batting samples. The roll was too big to cut them at home. Then someone took over that job so I could go on. I had the ladies make their fabric choices up front just to give me more time to get ready. Then the class was underway. I did well following my notes until page 7 I think. Then they were in so many different parts of the process that I went around answering questions and telling individuals what their next step was. Still, every one was very appreciative and said how much fun they had. Most people left without finishing the project. I think 13 people came. And I didn't get home until 11. It took a long time to clean up. I'm really tired. Good night.

No comments: