Thursday, February 12, 2009

An Invitation to teach


It is thrift store day and I went, but I forgot my blue shoulder bag which carries water, nuts, items that need returning to the library, etc. Thankfully I did have the key to the cafeteria, which I returned. We volunteers went to lunch at Burger King. I had salad. Then we did a little more and broke up for the day. Mary Ann and I got to talking so we went back to Burger King and sat for a couple hours. Then we had to return home to our respective children.
Michele fixed spaghetti and we ate before Chris got home. After he ate, we went to Gate 1 and walked to the coffee shop where our Korean lessons take place. Chris got on his computer while Michele and I listened closely to our teacher. She asked me to teach english to her kids. If I understood her correctly, she wants me to teach 20 7-year-olds in her home once a week. I hardly knew what to say. But I invited her to my quilting class next week. That should be interesting.
Andrea sent me a picture she took during our ski adventure. That's me on the right wearing my brown hat/scarf and green coat.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

So, will you do it? Teach English to 20 seven year olds?

Fern said...

Well, I want to see the textbook first. It's hard to know exactly what the situation will be since I don't speak Korean and she barely speaks English. She asked me to teach her kids in the same manner you would ask someone if they wanted a cup of coffee.