Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

I made Chris get up early and drive me to Gate 19 where I met 7 other quilters for a trip to Dongdaemun. We had a fine time as usual. I got several more selections that might match the focus fabric better than the other stuff I have. The proprietor dumped a box of large scraps (samples) on the floor and invited us to take all we could. There wasn't much I wanted personally, but I got some for the class I will be teaching on Wednesday.
Five of the ladies left around lunch time. Three of us stayed to look a little longer, then went to lunch. At the restaurant there were 8 large menus on the wall A through H. I picked A 03 (which was sushi) and paid the cashier. I watched a large digital screen until my order number came up. The screen told me which counter to pick it up from. The other women had bibimbap. After lunch we returned to base. Chris came and walked me home. I washed and dried the fabrics I had paid for. Then we had supper. Then the three of us drove to post to have icecream and we dropped Michele off at a babysitting job. Chris and I walked out Gate 19 to see how far away the coffee shop was. It is closer to Gate 19 than to Gate 1 which we have been using. Also, we walked to E-Mart to get a nut. But they didn't have any. Grr.
We returned home and watched Starship Troopers until Michele got home. Then I 'chatted' with Tommy and Kurt via Facebook and Skype simultaneously and respectively. Now I am ready to go to bed.
BTW, Chris gave me a card for Valentine's Day. It made me cry.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I know Kurt, but who's Tommy?