Friday, February 27, 2009

Lost!

I met Tina at the hospital after her physical therapy appointment. We then caught the subway for Dongdaemun. She had a list of notions that she wanted and I wanted some light purples for my scrap quilt. Yes, I know we (the quilt group) are going to the huge warehouse on Wednesday, but I wanted to go anyway.
After buying her notions and my fabric, we stopped for lunch. We did our best to communicate in Korean and they must have liked it since they gave us our meal for free. Then we wandered to the south to get me a new rolling bag (since I cannot find a nut to fix the other one). I bought a bag and we kept wandering. We wandered so far that we lost track of where we were. It was not particularly troubling since anywhere in the city is near a subway station and each one has a map and you can get back to where you were for less than a dollar. We saw a seafood market. Nothing alive, just fresh and dried. Tina didn't let me stop however. Then we walked back through the subway and bought Korean pretzels. MMMM. Also the tunnel connected to a department store. We went up to the 8th floor and there was a RedMango place. We had a big mango yogurt sundae with fruit on it. Health food, of course. Then we walked upstairs where there were more food places, like Baskin Robbins and Dunkin Donuts. One place there had green tea icecream. I got a taste. It was ok. The next place had peanutbutter flavored octopus. Unfortunately I was too full to try that. Well, some experiences can be saved for later.
When we came out of the front of the building, we knew where we were. So we rescued our stuff from the subway lockers it was stowed in, and came home. Another great adventure.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Peanut butter octopus? Really? Interesting.

Fern said...

I couldn't believe it myself.