Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A trip with Mrs. Cho

This morning I cleaned up the last of the snacks and utensils I had put out for the meeting yesterday. I rinsed the paper plates for recycling and prepared a bag of stuff to take down. After dropping off the recyclables and food scraps, I walked over to post to meet Pam. We picked up Tina and then met Mrs. Cho (who cleans Tina's house once a week) at Gate 19. Mrs. Cho took us to Dongdaemun as an interpreter to help us find specific items. She also found us a good place for lunch. We had soup, and several kimchis, and a bowl of cold vegetable matter. Mrs. Cho showed us how to put the hot rice on the cold stuff and mix it all with spicy bean paste. She told us to eat it with a spoon. Golly, half the fun of Korean food is eating it with chopsticks! Afterwards we visited the restroom. It was a unisex restroom and when I exited the stall, there was someone using the urinal.
Tina let Mrs. Cho go home after lunch. Then the three of us wandered down a new street just to see what we could see. We passed a stall selling rolling bags and Tina bought one. I should have too, since a wheel came off of mine. All it needs is a nut to hold it on, but where is LOWES when you need one?
We got home by almost 5. We'd bought quilt fabric to match the focus fabric our group picked for a block exchange. Tina bought lots of notions, and I bought some fabric to make some tops. I washed and ironed my fabrics. I tried to choose which block I would make, but couldn't settle on one.

No comments: