Saturday, February 7, 2009

New top


We slept in a little, then got up for breakfast, only to find that we are almost out of milk. So after the obligatory handling of the e-mails, Chris and I went to post, leaving Michele to do the laundry. (Isn't that why we had her?)
First we went to the thrift shop and got some VCR movies and some DVD's. Then we stopped by the library to return a book and get another. Then we made our way to the commissary for milk and other stuff. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching the movies. While watching several movies in my sewing room, I cut out and started sewing a new top. The fabric is dark blue with a motif on it that appears once every yard. I had bought 2 yards. So, I centered the pattern front on one motif and had the two sleeves share the other one. Problem was, after fussycutting like that, I had a hard time finding a piece big enough for the back. I had to skimp on the seam allowances to do it. Then I found out that I couldnt sew on the fabric. I had run into this problem once before and discovered that if I cover the seam line with paper (or in this case tearable stabilizer) then the machine can make stitches. So even though the pattern proclaims that the top can be made in 90 minutes, I've spent at least 7 hours so far and still have to put the second sleeve in. I'll be so glad when it is done.
BTW I got a message from my cousin that her mother is in the hospital. Please pray for her. Her name is Barbara.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Oh, nice shirt! I love navy blue. Thanks for requesting prayers for my mother!