Sunday, January 8, 2017

Epimenides

I had some trouble staying asleep last night. I got up at 9, inadvertently waking Chris who fell asleep in the living room after getting up much earlier. Needless to say, he missed the Catholic service. I read e-mail until 9:30, then took a shower and got dressed for church. Chris started the laundry and put pork in the oven, then walked to the office. I drove myself to the FFTC to park, then walked to church. The bell was already ringing. Jane was not there, so I sat by myself. When the service started, the chaplain announced that today was the start of the services being live-streamed on Facebook, and that we were the first: no one else in the Navy was doing that. I could see a camera bolted to the ceiling, pointed at the front of the sanctuary. The praise team led us in three songs, then we passed the peace. The choir sang an old hymn. Then we had communion. When the chaplain called for a volunteer to read the bible reading, no one spoke up. He joked that it was because of the live-streaming. So John read the whole thing. Then the chaplain gave his sermon. It was a historical account of Epimenides sending sheep to find holy places for sacrifices to an unknown god who could save them from the plague. After the sermon, I hit the bathroom. On the way out, I talked to So Young who told me they spent the holidays in Europe, and was interested in Martin Luther. But she had to run along, so I walked to my car and drove home. I moved the laundry to the next stage. I changed my clothes. I made more mix of chia and flax. The new chia was all black but the previous packages was a mixture of black and white. The label was the same. I made breakfast. Just as I was finishing, Chris called to say he was ready to come home from the office. I picked him up at the office just for the practice of driving. We stopped by the commissary, and ran into Scott. He showed us pictures of Sock-Myra: a stuff creature Myra sent him to keep him company while she was gone. We bought stuff for a pumpkin dish that Chris wanted to make. When we got home, he made the pumpkin dish, and put it in the oven with the pork. I read e-mail, and tried to research the chaplain's story. There was not much backed up by historical references. I saw an article on how to banish blackheads with lemon, honey and baking soda. I had to look up blackheads - never saw such things before but I guess only the worst kind are photographed. I found it hard to believe that people post videos of popping pimples.
We had pork and pumpkin for supper. Then we folded the laundry. Chris made the bed. I ran frantically around the house looking for the quilt that we were supposed to give to the CSO. I finally found it in with my quilt collection. I had put it there for safekeeping. We watched three episodes of Tera Nova. He went to bed and I stayed up long enough to blog.
* Same package. Same product? *

No comments: