Thursday, January 12, 2017

Progress

I got up hearing Chris talk to someone on his computer. It turned out to be Michele. I chatted with her, then went back to bed. But sleep wouldn't come. I got up again soon after Chris left. I intended to check e-mail and exercise, but I drank water as I worked on my quilt top. The center was finished. I texted Myra and she said she would come over after my massage. I took a shower. I looked again for the missing half block. Then I put some leftovers together to make another, but I got the angle backwards. What I needed was the reverse. So I did it over again. Then I cut green triangles for the corners of the on-point block. I made two more corner blocks. I sewed the mountain blocks to the center medallion. Then I auditioned piping and border. Chris came home for lunch as I started to make breakfast. I listened to an audio on menopause symptoms, then several on vaccines. We got in an argument. Then he went back to work. I listened until it was time to leave. Instead of my market bag, I took a backpack. I headed out to town. I got to the Foot Shop 5 minutes early. But it was locked up. I went around the corner to the other massage place. The lady figured out which massage I wanted and took the payment. She put an outfit on a table in an adjoining room. I used the bathroom, then went into the room and changed. The man I prefer came in.
He started the massage. It was good and I tried to clear my mind to enjoy it to the fullest. But when the door bell jingled, he had to stop and take care of another customer. Then he resumed the massage. But later there was another interruption. By the time the massage was finished, it was 3:30. I left there and went past the Foot Shop. It was still locked up. I went to the market. I used the public restroom there, and then proceeded to buy fruits and vegetables: lettuce, sprouts, apples, strawberries, and bananas. The apples went into my backpack, leaving little room for anything else. As I walked back, I passed the corner market by base. I stopped in for some cucumbers. Then I went home. I put the food away and contacted Myra. She said she was tired and going back to bed. I auditioned a different piping and added a binding. Finding it acceptable, I cut the necessary strips. I played a video of interviews as I worked. I sewed on the piping, then the borders. I cut a long green strip and ironed it into thirds. I pinned it in place as stems, then stitched down both sides.
Chris came home while I was in my sewing room. He made himself supper. My laptop beeped when the battery got low. I ran it back to the living room to plug in. I listened to the rest of the interview. Then I made myself a salad and ate it while reading e-mail. Chris had e-mailed me a pdf of the questionnaire that the doctor gave me. One of the main words was Sasang. So I looked it up. It is a form of Korean medicine that treats based on one of four body types. I tried to find an English form of the questionnaire. Then I tried to translate the pdf with Google translate. It was good for a few laughs, but not useable. Chris was ready to watch TV, but it was almost 10 so we skipped that. I had to retrieve the first part of my blog post because my computer rebooted itself while I was gone and closed that window. Then I added the rest of the day. I took another stab at translation, but was disappointed again. It was time to post to my blog and go to bed.
* The colors look much better in daylight. *

No comments: