Monday, January 9, 2017

Getting back in the groove

I got up at 9, not realizing it was so late. I must have slept well. I drank water and then swished. I boiled water for coffee. I did my exercises, drybrushed, rebounded, tapped, etc. Chris came home for lunch. He said there was no mail, which surprised me because I am expecting a shipment. I cleaned the kitchen, including inside and under the microwave. I cleaned mirrors and faucets in the bathroom. I cleared the front desk, and part of the coffee table. Bernie came by for the quilt I promised her husband. I kept cleaning, knowing that when I stopped, I wouldn't start again. It was sunny out so I uncovered the tomatoes and watered them. I turned off the lights that warmed them. Those are Dynee's lights and I wanted to replace them with the ones I bought in Guam. But I can't find them anywhere. Somehow they did not make the trip home. I cut out dead stems. Some looked dead but had green at the very end and tomatoes hanging on. Oh what a tangled web those stems made. I picked some tomatoes, but there were more left. I checked on my last Swanson's order – tracking number said it arrived on the 3rd. I spent an hour trying to place an order through Amazon and get free shipping, but when I had the right total, Amazon said one of the major items was not eligible for free shipping. I quit. I texted Kelly that I was ready to come over. She said ok, so I drove over there to pick up my mixer and cookie sheets. One of the pieces got damaged in her dishwasher and she ordered a new part. (looks like it came into contact with the element). At her request, I drove her to Amber's house. We talked for quite a while. Then she got out and I drove home. I took mixer and parts inside. I sanded the burned piece so it would fit flush in the food tube, but it was too fine a grit to do the job. Then I tried melting it back into place with iron, and that worked well. I put it away. I read e-mail. I looked up my chances of getting pregnant in menopause. All sources insist on 12 months and I am only at 5. I checked weather – below freezing tonight – so I re-covered the tomatoes and turned the lights back on. I worked through some tapping exercises in an open window. Chris came home before I was done. He made himself supper and then sat beside me to watch TV. We watched two episodes of Terra Nova. There are only two left, sadly. And only one season. Sigh. Then he took a book and went to bed while I stayed up to check e-mail one last time, finish the order I started earlier and post to my blog.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from Guam. *

No comments: