Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Female bonding

Chris woke me at 7am so I could put the recyclables together. But that did not happen right away. When I did get them together, I put the bags by the front door for Chris to take out on his way to work. I went back to bed, hoping for one more dream cycle, but it didn't happen. Soon after 8, I got up to drink water and check e-mail. I looked up links between mercury and autism. I came across only one study that said there was no link. There were multiple studies that said that kids with ASD had higher levels of mercury than kids without, and that chelating to reduce their mercury level resulted in a reduction of ASD symptoms.
I did my exercises. I called Myra for some reason. Then I skyped with Kurt. I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed for sewing class. When I got there, Dynee was waiting. She had her fabrics. Myra showed up and they went somewhere together. Suzanne came with her three kids. The boys wanted to make handwarmers. Mai made a re-usable swiffer refill. Anna helped the boys cut fabric. Myra helped Dynee pick a quilt pattern from a book and start cutting her fabric. We discussed how our space would be taken for the entire month of February. MWR offered to move our stuff to the third floor of the FFTC for a month.
We all left around 1. I followed Myra home. We kibitzed for awhile, catching up. She ordered quilt show tickets online. She put pics of the tickets on her phone, and sent the e-mail to me to print out on paper. She gave me a nice earring and necklace set. Then I went home so she could go to the commissary. I checked e-mail, and tried to print the tickets, but the QR code did not print. Then I watched "Trace Amounts", a documentary about the health effects of mercury, whether in vaccines, fish, air pollution, dental fillings, light bulbs, etc. I had a bite of supper, including the odd root vegetable that Janelle gave me before Christmas. I cut off a chunk, removed the peel, and ate it. Then I bundled up and went to the evening sewing class. Jadyn was waiting outside. I opened the building, and we went in. Amber was not far behind. She and I talked for a bit. I gave her a bag of little toys for her son's birthday. Then I helped Jadyn get started reinforcing seams on a shirt. Myra showed up, as did Dynee and they went back to work on the quilt. Anna came back, too. I got everyone to sign in. Jadyn made a handwarmer. Tammy came late and made a stuffed bird. Amber got Myra to make her an apron. Jadyn went home. At 8:30 I started packing up. The others finished up and pitched in. I walked out with Dynee and Tammy to go home. Chris was home. I heated up some bone broth. I told Chris I could not print the tickets. He suggested it was because that part was in black ink and all we had left was colored ink. Ah! I jotted some notes for my blog and then we watched “The Abominable Bride”: a Sherlock Holmes video on Netflix. Nevermind that we tried to watch it last night and Netflix told us it was only available on DVD. Afterward, Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* I noticed our orchid is blooming. And right next to a cold window. &

No comments: