Friday, January 27, 2017

Preparing the fabric

I stayed in bed late not realizing how late it was, probably because Chris did not get up for work. Apparently today is Lunar New Year and the post is observing it. I read e-mail while drinking lemon water. I read about SIRVA - Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration. In the article it mentioned the 69 doses of vaccine recommended for children and the 61 doses recommended for adults. When will this constant increase in 'avoidably unsafe' injections stop? How many can the average person take before we have a national crises?
I took a shower and got dressed. I readied my tablet for the skype call. My tapping buddy called me at 10. I did not feel like I could talk freely with Chris sitting across the table from me. But he got up and took a shower. Then she and I did some tapping together surrounding my mom's death. Chris went to work. After the call, I made and ate breakfast. I took the morning dose of the herbal medicine. Still not tasty. I read e-mail and watched a documentary called Programming the Nation. It was tough to hear because for some reason my laptop has set itself on 'whisper'. I made sure all the volume controls were set high, but it made no difference. I put on a short audio and put the laptop near the kitchen so I could listen while I made hummus. The plastic bowl of the handmixer is cracked so I taped it for reinforcement. In making the hummus, some of it leaked out, but it was still worth it. I transferred it to a glass jar, and washed the utensils.
Anna came over with kimchi. I showed her my fabrics from Japan. After she left, I cut the kimchi up into small pieces and filled my kimchi jar, but there was more. I worked several Sudoku puzzles while listening to audios. I printed out 2 pages of quilt instructions that I agreed to beta-test. I read through the instructions and made notes. Chris came home from work, then he made and ate his supper. I cut strips for the quilt. I cut off the corners on the fabric from Japan. I put 20 yards in the washing machine, then we watched an episode of Colony. Afterward, I took them out of the dryer, and put in another load of fabric. Chris got ready for the movie Assassin's Creed at the theatre. I made notes for my blog. I did some tapping explained in an article. I wrote an e-mail to the author of the quilt instructions. I put the last of the fabric in dryer. I ironed the smaller pieces dry. I checked e-mail briefly, then went back to ironing; this time the large pieces. I kept ironing even after Chris came back from the movie. I was startled to see it was almost 11. I ironed a few more pieces, then turned the iron off and sat down to post my blog.
* I didn't take any pics today so here is one from the mall in Tokyo. *

No comments: