Thursday, January 26, 2017

Herbal Medicine

I posted to my blog for yesterday since I was too tired to do it last night. I exercised while watching the vaccine video for day 3 again:
The CDC buys and sells over $4 billion dollars of vaccines each year. If they can't sell the vaccines, there are severe economic consequences. 60 percent of the members on the vaccine recommendation board have conflicts of interest. If a pharmaceutical company can get one of their vaccines on the vaccine schedule, it can mean a billion dollar annual profit with no liability. Protecting the public faith in the CDC has become more important than what is happening to our kids. Robert Kennedy Jr. Is suing the CDC because he wants a public debate, to bring all of this to light. But public debate is shut down because their position can't stand up to it. Vaccines are like a religion in this country. You are not allowed to question it, just take it on faith. Do what they tell you. After getting his rotovirus vaccine on the mandatory vaccine schedule, Dr. Paul Offit sold his rotovirus vaccine patent to the CDC, making an undisclosed profit.
While I listened, I dustmopped the floor. I made seed crackers and breakfast. And there was just enough time to make banana oatmeal cookies. Chris came home for lunch. By that time I was listening to the QnA for the vaccine series. It sparked a debate with Chris. He brought home an Amazon package from the post office. Still no box from my sister. I ran out of time to take a shower. I got dressed, and bundled up.
When I went outside, Dynee offered me a ride to the acupuncturist, but then realized her car was at her husband's office. So Mai offered me a ride. I thought it was to Dynee's car but then she drove us out in town. I had her drop me off at Home Plus and I walked up the street to the doctor's office. I went inside and waited for 15 minutes. Then I was put on a bed with the leg massage sleeves and a hot pack under my back. It went on for more than 15 minutes. After the nurse came to get the sleeves and the hot pack, the doctor came. He tried to communicate but did not have the right words. So I got out my phone and asked him if he had wi-fi. He signed my phone into his wi-fi and then I opened the Google Translate app. He went to town typing. He told me I was healthy and did not need supplements. I told him I was healthy because I took supplements. He said they were expensive but would not hurt me if I wanted to take them. He really liked the app. He asked what I liked about Japan and I told him it was the fabric. When he did not seem to understand, I showed him pics of my quilts on my phone. He really liked the fish quilt and wanted to buy it. I told him it was already sold but I could make him a small one that would be similar. He asked how much. Because the fish quilt sold for close to $200, and I had offered to make a quilt half as long and half as wide, I said $50. He seemed really happy. He put some needles in my stomach and behind my ear. After they came out, I went to the desk to pay. It was 18,500 for the acupuncture and 100,000 for the bag of herbal medicine. He gave me a paper with instructions on it, some of which he penned in English. I thanked him and headed to the bus stop.
When I got back to base, I went to the chapel. I went to the back room to see if our sewing stuff had been packed up correctly. But I could not see it because of all the chairs stored in there and because Ms. Song and Mr. Zumwalt were in there having a conversation. I asked Ms. Song to read the doctor's paper and she explained it to me as best she could. I thanked her and headed home, but then remembered I needed more sunflower seeds. So I went to the commissary for a bag of seeds. As I was passing by the bank, I decided to stop in and see the ladies. They asked how my trip to Japan was. I asked the head Korean cashier to look at the doctor's paper. She explained it a little differently. She wrote down her translation for me. Then I thanked them and went home. I put the medicine in the fridge as the bank lady said, but left two out for today since it should be taken shaken at room temp after a meal. I wrote my experience down in case I didn't remember later. I continued listening to the QnA as I unpacked my suitcase, and toiletries case and computer case. I laid out my new fabrics on my sewing table and took a picture. Myra called saying the classroom in Housing would be occupied for the next two months so she talked to the chapel about having sewing class there but on a different day. I hated changing the schedule but the chapel could not give us Wednesday night, so we decided on Thursday. I ate a cookie and some seed crackers. Then I shook up one of the herb packets and drank it. Blech!
I spent time looking into the trial against Dr. Andrew Wakefield who published a study of gastrointestinal disease in children with autism. What his paper said was not what the media reported. And the investigational journalist who reported on the trial for the London Times was also the person who lodged the complaint about Wakefield's paper to the GMC. The English High Court has ruled that both of the charges for which the Lancet retracted his paper were unjustified.
Chris came home from work and made himself supper. He cooked up some ground beef and stewed tomatoes for me. Later we watched two episodes of Colony. It is dark, but it is interesting, with unexpected things happening just when you think you know what's going on. Chris went back to his laptop. I wrote up my post for the day and got ready for bed.

No comments: