Saturday, January 7, 2017

Making ghee

I slept pretty well last night. I got up at 9. Chris was already up and on his laptop. I drank a quart of water and read e-mail. I ate some seed crackers with hummus. I washed the dishes in the sink, including the crock pot. I read more e-mail, then got dressed. We put the rotten coconut in a bag, and went on a walk on the trail. We stopped at the exercise station to use the arm machines. At the end of the trail, we headed for the commissary. We ran into a new family on post. She is excited about joining the sewing group. Then we went into commissary to exchange the coconut. We also got more butter and eggs. We carried them home. I put four containers of butter in the crock pot to heat. Then I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail. I did some tapping as described in articles in my e-mail. I checked on the hot butter, it was almost melted. I did some more tapping. Chris brought in the pumpkin, which was not showing any signs of deterioration. He cut it in half and took out the seeds. He put the seeds and some chestnuts we had, in a glass baking dish. He asked for the cookie sheet to put the pumpkin halves on. I had washed it earlier and put it in the drawer under the oven. But it wasn't there. We looked everywhere and could not find it. I started thinking I was going crazy. But then I pulled out the drawer and looked behind it – the sheet had slid off and under the stove. Phew! He put the pumpkin in the oven to roast. We took the coconut to the commissary. The manager asked if we wanted another one. There were only two left and I thought we should do the community a favor by weeding out the bad ones. But Chris disagreed, so I said no. The manager said to take the purchase price off of our next purchase. There were more things we needed, so we picked up almonds, chia, flax, and sunflower seeds. We went to the checkout, and the lady rang it all up. She did not take out the coconut price. So when the manager came back, he wanted us to buy something else. I grabbed a large coconut water. Chris paid the dollar difference in price. Then we headed home. It should not have seemed like a long walk, but it did. When I got to our yard, I turned on the hose to water the tomatoes. One was ripe so I picked it. In the kitchen, I found the butter bubbling away, so I turned the crock pot down. I checked my instructions and it did not look like the picture. Mine still had stuff floating on top. I poured some through a strainer into a glass jar. It looked ok. When that jar was full, I started another one. It only got half full. But it made twice as much as what I used to order and for the same price. I kept pulling out toasted milk solids. They were very salty. I made up supplements for 11 days. Chris pulled some pumpkin pieces out of the oven and swirled them around in the crock pot to get the last dregs of butter. I tasted it but did not like it. I sat down and read some e-mails. Then I did a 5 star Sudoku puzzle in the book Cecily gave me. I used up all my logic pieces and had to start guessing. After it was finished, I finished one of the tapping articles. I tried an oatmeal cookie dipped in ghee. But it wasn't solid yet, so just ran off the cookie. I worked on the other tapping article. I remembered a file I had made from a tapping audio 2 years ago. I searched for it on my laptop but did not find it. Then I searched for it on the desktop and it did not come up. I did a manual search and looked at other files in the place I expected to find the one. About 9:30 Chris was ready to watch TV so we played the next episode of Terra Nova. Then I downloaded two pics from my phone and finished my blog post.
* The ghee. Not sure why it is so dark. *

No comments: