Sunday, January 29, 2017

Playing with fabric

I woke up in the middle of the night and had trouble getting back to sleep. Chris kept rolling over and I had to grab the sheets in order to stay covered. At some point he got up and did not come back to bed. I got up about 8:40. Chris was playing a game on his laptop. I checked e-mail and started a video. He went to the bathroom and I could hear water sloshing like plunging. He went to the kitchen for a bucket of water. I found out later that he poured it in the floor drain to clear it. I took a shower hoping that the water would not back up. I resumed my video and ate seed crackers with hummus and fermented nut cheese for breakfast. Then I drank a packet of the herbs. I got dressed for church and drove myself there. I sat with Dynee and Ryan. Princess was there and I told her our new quilt hours. She said she could make it. One of the Korean ladies was all dressed up for Lunar New Year. I meant to take her picture, but by the end of the service all I could think about was getting through the crowd to the bathroom. Actually, there were not that many people because so many were sick. But I still had to wait once I got there. Then I went outside to get my umbrella and call Chris. I told him I was coming home to change clothes, which I did. Then at noon we drove to the commissary for groceries. Then we came home for lunch. I made and ate breakfast for lunch. I read through some e-mail, hopeful at the dwindling number of unread ones. I searched high and low for remnants of the fish quilt. It was very frustrating. I selected some fabrics that might go with Dynee's quilt project and went next door. We played with the fabrics and decided some of hers really belonged by themselves. So maybe she'll make two quilts. I called Myra to get her opinion but she was busy cooking so we agreed to all meet tomorrow. I went home again and resumed searching. I looked in places I did not expect to find fabric. I finally found the fish remnants in a tub between empty tubs. I read e-mail, and finished a quilt magazine. I ate some ham that we bought at the commissary and baked all afternoon. I took a pic of a piece of fabric to run through the kaleidoscope program. I played a video called Origins on my laptop until it quit playing. I could not play any other videos either so I figured it was my computer. I rebooted it. I moved two pictures of fabric to the desktop computer and called them up one at a time into the kaleidoscope program. I played around with the angle and size of the repeated shape. I saved about a dozen of each. It helped me determine what size and angle would look the best. Then Chris and I sat down to watch the last episode of season 1 for Colony. Since nothing came up for season 2, we switched to Legends with Sean Bean. We watched two of those. Then Chris made up the bed with clean sheets while I typed up my blog post.

No comments: