Saturday, January 28, 2017

Fermented nut cheese

I got up, not knowing what time it was, but that it wasn't early. I drank water while reading e-mail. I read an article on the upswing of fetal deaths in pregnant women who got flu shots during the H1N1 flu season. I continued to read e-mail until I decided it was time for breakfast. I took three herbal medicine packets out of the fridge. To warm one up I usually stick it in my armpit while making the meal, but this was too cold. I asked Chris to do it for me. I made breakfast but stopped before I added the fermented coconut milk. I washed the cashews and sunflower seeds that had been soaking since yesterday. I blended them in the Magic Bullet with water and whey from the coconut milk. I left the nut cheese to ferment and finished making breakfast and ate it while looking at quilt pictures and sewing projects. I emptied the herbal packet into a glass and drank it. I clicked on the movie “Vitality” and watched it while ironing the rest of my fabrics from Japan. Then I posted the link to my Facebook page so others could enjoy it. I did some tapping.
I wanted to go walking because it was so sunny out. I called Myra to see if she wanted to go, too, but she was busy. We discussed changing our class to three hours on Wednesday afternoons only at the chapel. Then I texted Dynee to see if she wanted to walk. When I did not hear back, I got dressed, thinking to go with Chris. I can't remember what I did for the next hour. Then I put castor oil, coconut oil and shea butter in a small dish to melt. Then she texted back that she would like to go. As soon as the shea butter melted, I stirred in some turmeric, then set it down to cool. I put on my coat and went next door. She had a nice planter sitting by the step so I asked her where she got it. She told me it came from the debris of Duffy's and that there was another one. She took me to see it. Kim and her husband were walked by. They offered to help. He went to get his car and she came over. But then a police van stopped and the officer wanted to know what we were doing. Dynee told him the seabees said she could have it. He said it was larceny. I tried to call Myra to talk to Scott but there was no answer. Dynee tried to call her husband, but no answer. So we all left. Dynee and I went back to her house. Myra called me back and said the seabees did not have the authority to give away any of the debris. So I thanked her. Dynee came out and we went walking on the trail. It was tough on the really steep parts. We came around to lower housing and went up the hill behind our house and down the steps. She took my to Carolyn's house to see the new fence going up. It was really nice, as was the new deck. We probably won't get the fence but we expect they will build us decks like that. Next to Carolyn's house was a short stone structure with English names engraved on it and lots of Korean writing. It wasn't exactly like a monument or gravestone, so I wondered if the two people were buried there. Then we went home. Chris was still on his laptop, playing his game. I ate some kimchi, and ground beef. Then I sat down at my laptop for a bit before drinking another herbal packet. I did several Sudoku puzzles. Then Chris and I watched three episodes of Colony. He went to bed and soon, so shall I.
* I did not take any pictures today so here is one from the mall in Tokyo. It has a quilt-y look to it. *

No comments: