Saturday, January 21, 2017

So many articles, so little time

Since I did my drinking right after the movie last night, which was hours before I went to bed, I did not get up in the middle of the night. So I slept pretty well. I heard Chris leave for work, then stirred up my courage to get out of a warm bed in a cool room. When I looked out the front door, I saw that the temp was just above freezing. When I looked out the kitchen window, I could see it snowing. Myra and I messaged back and forth about our plane trip so we could schedule a taxi for 4:30 am.
Then I had to quit texting in order to get ready for my skype chat with my tapping buddy. We did it over my tablet which worked well. After the call, I made and ate breakfast. I saw that my post on vaccine injury was getting attention so I replied to the replies. I called Myra and we went to the bank. She walked to Security to get her car while I got dollars to trade. Then she drove us to NH Bank in town. I got a number to wait while she parked her car. She came back and sat with me until my number was called. I handed over the cash and asked for yen. The lady did her best to explain that she had to convert it to won first, and then to yen. I wasn't sure it was in my best financial interest, but it probably didn't make more than a few cents difference. So she did. She gave me a round figure of yen and paid the small difference in Korean coin. I guess she only had paper yen and not the coins. Then from the bank we went into the market where I bought cashews. The price was the same as in the five day market, but the bag was smaller. Then we walked back to her car. I paid the parking attendant and Myra drove us back to base. We went to Security to get the plane tickets but they were having a meeting. So she took me home. I read e-mail and looked up more info for the vaccine conversation. Then Dynee came home. I went over there to talk about the next sewing class. She showed me her fabric and asked how to proceed while Myra and I were gone. I brought her over to my house to look at gray fabrics that might work for her inner border. I also lent her a mat, square ruler and rotary cutter. Then I packed up my machine and went to her house to set it up so she could sew while I am in Japan. Afterward I came home and found more replies to my replies, so I replied again. Then I turned my attention to packing. I kept loosing my packing sheet. I gathered items into my rolling case and make-up bag. Then I sat down to write a list of items I want with me: which kind of purse I want to have with me on the plane and at the show. I had to choose one. Chris came home from work late. He tried to help me think it through but overdid it. He made himself supper while I finished packing. I sat down to read more of the comments and to find articles to support my concerns about the ingredients in vaccines. But the comment thread was so long and involved that I lost the gist of the conversation. When I realized how late it was, I posted to my blog, put my laptop to sleep (if only that would work on me), and went to bed.
* This is a fruit juice stand in Guam *

No comments: