Monday, December 1, 2008

Quilters


Today is the first Monday of the month. That means we (the quilters) gather at someone's house to exchange Secret Sister gifts, eat snacks, share quilting magazines, see what each other is working on, and just socialize. We also had a stocking exchange. Each of us made a stocking and decorated it. Then we picked numbers from a jar to see who got which one. We had a marvelous time. From my secret sister I got a cut glass candy dish and a bag of m&m's. I also got to show off the two rugs I finished yesterday, see pic.
After our get-together, Pam and I went by the Px. She bought a card and I got velcro sneakers. I am tired of my shoelaces coming loose. Then she drove me home. Michele arrived soon after. I spent the rest of the day making another stocking (I needed a second one to go with the one I got this morning) and making earrings. When Chris came home, he had two packages that had come in the mail. One was a set of sheets from my in-laws and the other was a birthday gift from my parents. I have much to be thankful for.

No comments: