Sunday, December 7, 2008

Arabian food is good

Saturday morning we stayed in because it was so cold. Then Andrea came by around 3 to bring me a door mat. Wasn't she sweet? We had looked at them in Dongdaemun and didn't find what I wanted. But she found the perfect one at the Px and delivered it to me. She wouldn't even let me pay her. And THEN she drove me to Tina's house so I wouldn't have to walk.
Tina was nice to me, too. She and I worked on the three quilts, finishing by 12:30 am. We watched episodes of "House" which she can download from the internet via an apple box. She fixed supper for all of us,(her family was home). She gave me her pointsettia. She gave me quilting safety pins. She had even dropped by the thrift store earlier and bought the vacuum I wanted, which we then transported to my apartment at almost 1 in the morning. Its great to be me.
This morning we went to church and then decided to walk into Itaewon (ee-tay-won) for a late lunch. Did I mention that it snowed? It was finally warm enough. But still COLD! We walked to an Arabian restaurant called The Dubai. It was all very good. For an appetizer we had flatbread and dips of hummus, sour cream, and eggplant. We all ordered lamb entrees. They were differnt. Michele's (which Chris ate) was extremely spicy, and served with coleslaw. Chris's (which Michele ate) was like a stew with potatoes and zuchini. Mine was a bowl of yellow rice with piece of lamb in it. We sat near a bar with a dozen hookahs displayed. I thought they were decorative until we noticed another customer using one. (It wasn't listed on MY menu.) So we speculated that the wooden box at the end of the counter was probably a humidor.
On the walk back, we bought a hat for Michele from a street vendor. We also stopped at the German deli for soft pretzels. The man in back saw Chris wearing the hat Michele crocheted for him and remarked that his grandmother would wear a hat like that.
After we got back, we were going to go to the commissary, but had had enough walking in the cold for one day.

No comments: