Saturday, December 20, 2008

Decorating Tina's house

I planned to go to the thrift shop since today was the last day it would be open until next year. So, as long as I was going that far, I figured to mail presents, too. It took me all morning to find and wrap presents. When I was done, Chris informed me that the PO closes at 1, which is what time it was. So I walked to post, perused the Chosun gift shop (it was their last day too) where I didn't find anything I needed, then went to the thrift shop next door. All I got there was a children's book in Korean. Maybe Michele can use it. But I had a good time talking to Mary Ann. Then, as has become my habit, I walked over to Tina's house. I helped her decorate under the mantle, in front of the windows, and on her walls. Her house looks very holiday now. She lent me several computer games. Then she drove me home and we brought a grill (which we had 'acquired' some months earlier when it had been left behind). Now we (Chris) can grill steaks on the veranda! I showed Tina our apartment, especially my sewing room. She wants to make a quilt frame like I have. It was nice to have her visit.
Michele (who had been babysitting since 2:30) came in around 10:30 with $80. I think I need to take up babysitting. I remember getting $2 an hour as a teenager and thinking it was a lot.

No comments: