Tuesday, December 16, 2008

E-Mart

Today I went to the thrift shop at 9:30 to volunteer. But after waiting in the cold for 20 minutes to no avail, I walked over to Tina's house. Lucky for me it was merely cold today - little wind. Tina was glad for some company. Her husband had minor surgery and she needed some time away. So we went to the commissary and then parked at gate 19 and walked to E-Mart. They had a Korean grocery store there. I bought lots of Korean snacks to try, as well as a jar of kimchi, and 10 kinds of sushi. I also stopped by the bathroom and was glad to see a real toilet and not a squat pot. In case you don't know what that is, it is a miniature urinal laid flat into the floor. You squat over it to do your business. Seems rather primitive to me. Sorry, no pics.
Tina dropped me off at home, and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening chenilling a 10 foot window topper for my new burgundy silk curtains. I still have to wash and dry it for the effect. Michele and I also tried all the snacks. Most were good. She and Chris tried the sushi, but they agreed that next time I can have it all to myself. I can live with that.
It is so dry here that the flowers that I bought almost 2 weeks ago which should be wilted have dried in their vases. It is so dry that my nose bleeds spontaneously.

No comments: