Monday, December 29, 2008

Eeny, Meeny, Miney, DINNER

I got up early (I had forgotten what that's like) to make Chris a sandwich before he went to work. After answering e-mail, I packed a box of presents to mail (the last one) and decided to spend a few minutes on a computer game. That lasted longer than I thought. Then it was 11 am and Chris was calling to say he would meet us for lunch at the Katusa snack bar. We agreed, so he picked us up at the walk-in gate and we went to lunch. Michele had the cheese and ramen, I had the jabchai, and Chris had bibimbap. Chris dropped me off at the post office, where I waited in line for 15 minutes to mail the package. Then I walked to Tina's house. She wanted me to take her measurements so she could make clothes. The pattern-making system that she is using requires 20+ different measurements. After that, we decided to walk out gate 17 and look for a kitchen and sundries store that might sell a timer. We found it rather easily and bought a few things, like tape. Then I thought we were going back, but Tina said "Hey, what's over there?" "I don't know". "Well, then, lets check it out." I love the way she thinks. So we wandered about in that direction and others. We saw stores and restaurants, beauty shops and tailors. When she saw the frozen yogurt store, she was delighted, but it was too cold for it. So we wandered in search for a place to eat. When we had sat down, the waitress laid an order ticket on our table for us to fill out. It was all in Korean. Ramen noodles are a safe bet and I was able to make that one out (I know some letters like m,n, and e). So we checked that. Then Tina made some random checks, and we sat back to see what would be served us. We got ramen, a very large noodle on a stick, broth, kim bap (rice wrapped in seaweed), kim chi, and yaki mando (a small filled dumpling). Oh, and dish that looked like cheese manicotti, but the manicotti was made of rice. How they can reduce rice to a paste and shape things out of it is beyond me. Then we were full, but Tina decided that she was now warm enough to have the frozen yogurt. So back we went to the frozen yogurt place. What she ordered came with lots of fresh fruit and was really good, but I couldn't believe that we were eating it in December. Then, frozen inside and out, we went back home. She dropped me off. I got home to find Chris and Michele having dessert and popcorn.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I'm jealous of all your fun shopping!