Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby quilts


This being Monday, the quilters gathered. Pam was sick, so I had to take the bus. I was so proud of myself: I had taken home a set of blocks to make a quilt top at home. Well, when I got there, they had a production line turning quilts, and tying them because Ralu did 10 of them at home. Way to go, Ralu! Then, I discovered that they wanted a 7x7 top, not the 6x8 like I had made. So even my one top was not right and I had to bring it home to re-do. AND THEN, Ralu gave me 4 packets to do for next month: cutting AND sewing!
After we broke up, Cathi gave me a lift to the library. I was looking for 2 books and 2 DVD's. The first book was listed as 'checked in' but wasn't on the shelf. The second book they only had in Korean. The first DVD was also 'checked in' but not on the shelf. And they didn't even list 'Time Bandits'. Oh well. Then I went by the PX to buy a filter for the 'new' vac, and hopped the Post Run bus for home. Now that was an experience. A whole bunch of high school kids got on, and one of them was rapping. I couldn't hear exactly what he said, but by the reaction of the other kids, it was pretty bad. One guy remarked "That was sick." as though that were a compliment. I was glad to get off that bus.
I spent the rest of the day working on the silk window topper, occaisionally giving my machine time to cool down by helping Michele with her Calculus. For some reason she doesn't seem to enjoy math like I do.

No comments: