Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dinner Party

I looked up the manual for the vac on hoover.com. It was very enlightening and all I needed to do was change a setting. That was Friday. On Saturday we Skyped my in-laws, who are now in Brazil visiting my sister-in-law. After that I got a little sweeping done before Andrea came over to make baby quilts. Her machine was in storage so we used mine. We only got one done and she decided to do the others later. So I spent the late afternoon lining a panel of burgundy silk as a curtain. Michele and Chris went to the library and the movies.
Hyon had invited us to her apartment for dinner Sat evening. So the three of us walked to the street to catch a taxi. But though many passed by, they were all in use. We walked to the commissary then and had no trouble catching one. But we had to call Hyon and let her explain to the cabbie where to go. It was a huge building, over thirty floors. Very nice. The Lunds were also invited, as well as another couple we didn't know and a young relative who teaches English nearby. The apartment was nicely decorated with plants and candles. They served wine and Korean dumplings for an appetizer. For the meal, she served lasagne, broccoli, potato rolls, kimchi and something I can't remember 'cause he kept adding to my wine glass. For desert, we had apple tart and cherry pie, brought by other guests. Chris was quite the conversationalist. Hyon had a glass of slips of paper. Each one had a questioin on it and we had to pick one and answer the question. It was a way of getting to know each other.
When it was time to leave, we had no trouble getting a taxi, and only a little trouble directing him to our apartment complex. I was so full that the next morning I skipped breakfast.
The Lunds gave us a ride to church. On the way back I heard Chris tell them that he will take the drivers test on Monday and buy a car on Tuesday. Isn't that nice to know? I'm glad I was listening.
After church I had a headache so I read for a while. Then I had an idea for a silk window topper. To make it, I need to chenille a piece 10 feet by 8 inches. It took four yards of silk cut diagonally to make six layers. The color will be richer after the process is finished. So I am looking forward to the finished product.

No comments: