Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tenants!

AS usual, I went to the thrift shop to volunteer. We had so many donations, that all we did for three hours was to sort through them, passing all but the very best onto some other charity. When we left, there was a huge pile of garbage bags out back waiting to be picked up. Of course, more were coming in as we worked. We still have a huge pile of saved items to price and hang tomorrow. Sigh.
As Tina was somewhere with her husband, I went home to make a pair of dress pants. The first thing I did however, was to check e-mail. It is strange how I intend to do one simple thing on the computer and end up sitting there for hours. We got an e-mail about a prospective renter for our house. Yea! But they don't want to pay full price. Same old story. I responded to that, and then tried to work on making the pants. I kept getting distracted. Although by the end of the day, all that remained to be done was to handsew the elastic and hem them. I stayed up until midnight waiting to hear back from our realestate agent. In spite of all the consessions I made, they still aren't willing to pay the price. I responded again, and got up at 6 am the next morning to continue the 'discussion'.

No comments: