Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Korean pretzel


I spent the morning on the computer reading e-mail and checking out links. Kurt Skyped me and we talked for an hour. Then Laura called to say the item I had ordered had come in. She was at the thrift shop so Michele and I went to pick it up. It is Chris's Christmas gift. Michele wanted to buy a gift for a friend so she went farther on to the Dragon Hill. Once I was at the thrift shop and picked up tha package, I stayed to help out, which lasted an hour.
Then, a bit at loose ends and not wanting to return home so soon, I headed for the library. But just then Tina called and askedme to meet her at her house. So I did. She had seen PVC somewhere and wanted to check it out. Well, it was bitterly cold. Andit turns out they didn't have the right pieces anyway. Neither of us had had lunch so we stopped in at a restaurant and ordered by pointing at pictures. We were going to go on to Namdaemun and so entered a subway station. There someone was selling interesting little treats. Not at all unusual. What Ibought turned out to be like a slightly sweet pretzel. Pretty good, actually. But then it was getting late and colderso we shelved the trip for the morrow.
I forgot to mention our little trip to the library, where once again we didn't find what either of us were looking for. But we spent plenty of time at it.
When I returned home, I went back to the game I left the other day. Big mistake! Another few hours flew by with nothing to show for them. Then I went to bed, thinking to get up early to make a pie, but as it turned out, I reached for a book and lost more time. Then Tina called....

No comments: