Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas lights


On New Year's Eve, there's much advice about cleaning one's house both literally and figuratively. So I spent the day cleaning, with frequent computer breaks. In the negotiations over rent, the last thing I remember is agreeing to accept $50 less if they do yardwork. I haven't heard anything since.
At 6:15 we left to deliver Michele to Tina's house to babysit. She got paid good money to sit and watch TV and play computer games. We drove Tina and her husband to the Navy Club, then dropped by the library and got a book. We lead such exciting lives! Then Chris suggested that we go get my camera and photograph the lights. I had been kicking myself for forgeting the camera. So it was a welcome suggestion. His next suggestion was to walk back for the camera since traffic was picking up. Ha! We did and it was COLD. The only reason I agree was that I needed some exercise to go with all the goodies I'd been consuming. Shivering burns calories, right? Then while Chris stayed in the car, I walked around photographing lights. I think my camera is better at daytime photos. We also drove to General Sterling's house to photograph their Seoul tower view, but the camera hardly caught any of that. So home we went. Tina's husband lent us "A Christmas Story" so we could see what the leg lamp joke was. We watched that and now that I know the story, it is much funnier.
We went to bed but I couldn't sleep. What with the noise from upstairs and rampaging thoughts, I was awake. About 12:30 am, I took a broom handle and rapped on the ceiling. They got the message and turned the music down. Later Michele called asking for a ride home. I let Chris handle that. Then blessed sleep....

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

12:30 am? You got to bed early! We had plans to be up late New Year's Eve so we let Kaden nap. Big mistake. He was up until 2 am, and so I was too!