Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas lights


Today I helped out at the thrift store. And I am so glad I did because there was a little Korean table for $3. I couldn't believe it was so cheap, even though it was chipped. So I got it. I also signed up for their Christmas luncheon on Friday. I'll have to come up with a small gift. Hmmm. I returned home to have lunch and do some cleaning. I also trimmed all the flowers and made smaller arrangements. Then I caught the On Post bus to the Christmas lighting ceremony. They were giving out free raffle tickets for an ipod and two plane tickets. (I didn't win). Several groups of kids sang songs, and then the lights went on! It was spectacular. There were lights all over the base. And of course Santa showed up riding on a decorated fire truck.
But it got quite cold. I was able to catch a bus to the library, where I checked in one book and checked out two more. But the book I really wanted wasn't there even though their computer said it was.
I caught the next bus back to the walk-in gate (I'm so glad I didn't have to walk around to the main gate), and found Chris and Michele at home. Michele was doing her Calculus. After that, we watched CSI and Chris re-loaded the printer driver so I could print out a quilt block. Chris retired early because he has a video teleconference at 6 am tomorrow. Better him than me :)

No comments: