Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rag Quilt/Rug


Monday night after the tour of homes I sat down to watch "The Illusionist", our most recent Netflix movie. While I watched, I snipped. I was working on the rag quilt that we started that morning. I had almost finished it when the movie finished and it was past bedtime.
Tuesday, Pam picked me up for the AFSC luncheon. It was a dress-up affair this month so I wore a dress and makeup. As usual, we bought lots of fabric from the fabric vendor. There are a number of vendors that set up their wares for two hours before the luncheon. We could have bought purses, jewelry, Korean furniture, candles, etc.
This month's theme was a murder mystery. There were about 10 ladies who played a group of rich women aboard a yacht. The missing character was the mystic who was found dead. We were given clues, verbal and written. There was a newspaper page (fake) on each table. Some of the articles seemed irrelevant, but they weren't. We even got to ask a few questions of the 'suspects'. It was all very fascinating and our table won. Another table had guessed that the captain did it, but we had the best reasons. We each got a necklace for that.
After that, a group of us delivered fabric and batting to the ACS building - provided by the vendor for charity quilts. Then we all went home. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening washing, drying and pressing all that fabric. In between, I finished clipping the rag quilt and washed and dryed it. Made of flannel and squares of dense batting, it is very warm. I will use it as a rug.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

That quilt/rug is awesome! I can feel it warming my cold toes by just looking at it!

Fern said...

Thanks for the accolades. Should I go into the rug business?