Friday, December 5, 2008

SKYPE

Friday we got up at 5. Why? Our computer was 'ringing'. The night before we loaded Skype onto my account and then went to bed. Apparently you have to tell it that you are not there, otherwise it proclaims to the world that you are on-line. So we got calls all through the night, although we didn't hear them until the one at 5am. Thinking it was my brother, I Skyped him back. He said he'd called hours ago. So we hung up and went back to bed, but couldn't get back to sleep. At 6 the normal routine prevailed. Then Chris Skyped his parents, who had also Skyped us and we had a nice chat. We chatted for over an hour after Chris and Michele left. BTW, Skype lets you chat face to face using your computer for free.
After breakfast Kurt and I Skyped for a long time. At one point, while he was looking for some pics to send me, I played around with an options pop-up. When he said "How did you do that", I looked at my thumbnail (the image of me that the computer is transmitting) to discover that I'd grown elf ears. And they were moving as my head moved! It was so funny.
I also put the ingredients for persimmon bread in my breadmachine because the persimmons really needed to be used up. Then I wrapped my exchange gift for the luncheon, and ran to catch the bus.
The luncheon was very nice. It was at the Main Post Club, well decorated with good food. I brought a bottle of cider and ended up with a box of chocolate. Good trade. I also won the drawing for a black purse. I thought I was the only one there whispering "Don't pick me, don't pick me", but after they did pick me, it took a while to give it away.
Friday was cold, and I mean bitterly cold. The wind was cutting and it hurt to breathe the air. Tina and I had planned to go to Dongdaemun after the luncheon, but decided that it was just too cold. She was still working on that massive quilting project, so we went to her house and I stayed until midnight.

No comments: