Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Window Topper


Andrea came over today. She wanted to make another baby quilt and we did. This time we sewed it inside out and turned it right side out. She took it home to slip stitch and tie. We talked quite a bit so she didn't leave until 1:30.
I washed and dried my window topper. I sewed paperclips to it so I could hang it up. I took a picture, too, but you can't really see the detail. And it is too short. Oh well.
While I was sewing paperclips on, we watched Nicolas Cage in Ghostrider. I also used that time to take apart the extra row on the baby quilt top. After the movie I sewed it on as another column, making it a 7x7 top. It is too cute to not have a binding, but that seems to be its fate since we just turn and tie them. Maybe I can sneak a small border on it to have the same effect.
Chris called after work to have me meet him at the commissary. We bought groceries and then DROVE home. Yes, he bought a car today. Well, actually, after having the car fail inspection, the guy GAVE it to Chris. Its a real winner, and I'll have to take a picture in daylight. I must admit it was nice to not have to carry the groceries all the way home. We'll see whether he and Michele take the bus tomorrow, or drive.

No comments: