Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Adding Pictures


It is 2:30am and I just woke up. This has got to stop. My last post ended with me going to bed Monday night in Korea. I woke up Tuesday morning at 6:30am. I figured my sleep schedule was now on track for the local time zone. Michele was up at about the same time, so we talked and got on our computers. I had a mountain of e-mail to wade through. At one point I walked into the kitchen to find that no recyclables were harmed (or taken out) since I left. The garbage smelled, and there were dirty dishes in the sink and on the counter. The good news was that the dust bunnies were large enough to be assigned chores.
We took out the recyclables and made a commissary run. Then I worked on my mountain of e-mail. It was hot and we had to run the AC. We did not go out after that. I had no lunch but cleaned up a few leftovers for supper. Then Michele and I had an 'S' word contest. I don't know why, we just did. I kept falling asleep during it. So I started walking around, patting my cheek, whatever to stay awake until bedtime. Finally at 9 I gave up and went to bed. But then I woke up at 2:30 am. Figuring that I could repeat the previous night by doing something for an hour then go back to bed, I processed some more e-mail. Then I went back to bed to listen to my meditation CD which puts me to sleep. But it didn't. I don't know how long I lay awake, but finally got up at 8. I took a shower and had breakfast. Then Michele and I got on the subway at Sebinggo station and went to Dongdaemun to buy beads and yarn. Then train was very crowded until Seoul Station, then there were plenty of seats. I get a little uncomfortable when there are plenty of seats because it reminds me of the time we were the only ones left on the train.
So we got off in Dongdaemun and went to the 5th floor of "A" building. Michele had never been before and I think she enjoyed looking at all the selections. Then we walked down to the basement and she got $50 worth of yarn. IT must be the good stuff because in the states acrylic yarn would not cost so much. Then she was hungry even though it wasn't 11 am yet. So we walked around, bought her a corn dog. Then we found a little place in a tent to sit and we got a seaweed rice roll. It came with kimchi (which is what I really wanted) and a soup (broth and a few big noodles). So I finally had my kimchi fix. Then we took the subway to Yongsan, Gate 19, and got on the bus for our walk-in gate. I was going to stay on the bus and go Chris' office to check the mail, but wanted to change my shoes. However, once we got back, and turned on the AC, we couldn't face going out again. I worked on e-mail again, until about 3, then decided I needed a power nap. So I laid down and slept until 9. I got up and ate a little but didn't feel right. So I tried to read. Then I took the book to bed where the light was better. I read a little and slept a little, read a little and slept a little. Finally I finished the book and slept until 2:30 am. Now I am wide awake and feel fine. Darn.
So I am posting and adding pictures to previous posts. Check them out.

No comments: