Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chores


In spite of finding myself wide awake at 2:30 in the morning and not going back to bed until after 5, I think I may have gotten a little sleep. I got up at 8:30, showered, dressed, ate, and left for the thrift shop. On the way I dropped off the food scraps and ducked into 7-Eleven for gov't approved trash bags. One must use them to dispose of trash at the apartment. I don't want to carry my trash to post and Chris isn't here to do it himself. At the thrift shop there was a multitude of books and videos to shelve. I managed to throw some away. But there was plenty to do. Then when MaryAnn asked me if we'd always be friends no matter what, I knew something was up. She'd found two more trash bags full of videos. At least I don't feel useless. After we closed up the shop, she and I walked to the DHL and talked for quite a while. Then she went home while I walked to Chris' office to get the mail. Everyone there seemed happy to see me. It must have taken me an hour to pick up the mail. Then I caught the bus to our walk-in gate. When I got to the apt, Michele was gone. But she had done the laundry like I asked. I cleared out more e-mail, had a bit of supper, vacuumed the living area, and opened the mail. I plan to watch the Netflix movie before I go to bed. I have also added some more beach pictures to previous e-mails. Here I am displaying the moon. Don't know what that other thing is.

No comments: