Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sewing lesson


First, an early morning Skype session with Chris. During this, Kurt started texting me through Skype. That went on for quite a while. Finally I breakfasted, and showered and made a grocery list. I walked to the commissary (it wasn't so hot today), and picked up a few things, including a very large bottle of cranberry juice for Michele. I could have saved 50 cents by buying two, but carrying another one home wasn't worth it. Then it was time to plan my next sewing lesson. The project is a lined tote bag. It includes some handbasting as an exercise, but I wanted to justify it saying that sometimes you baste when you can't use pins. I tried to get a sample of silk that retains pin holes, but after searching the apt four times, I was unable to locate them. That had me worried. Just after noon I went back out to catch the post-run bus to the Chosun, carrying my lesson materials with me. I was looking for silk, but all they had was stuff left over from months ago. Still, I got to chat with several people. Then I caught the bus to the lesson site. In a previous post there was a picture of the kids with the pillowcases they'd made. While I was gone, they made another for their 3? year old brother. The kids were eager to start a new project. I knew we wouldn't finish the lined tote, so I left them at the basting part. They seemed quite content to do the handwork. Then the mother worked on two baby quilts, and had some questions for me. When I got home and mentioned this to Michele, she seemed to think I was like a missionary, chuckling over drawing in more converts. For supper we ate leftover pork. Michele had hers with spaghetti, I had mine with kimchi for my vegetable. Then we retired to our respective computers. Today's links took me to the subject of quantum jumping. It says that there is an infinite number of alternate universes out there, and you can jump to one where you are living a better life, or feeling better than in the one here. Interesting concept.
Here is a pic of my brother-in-law. He has nothing to do with today's story, but I needed a pic and there he was.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Someone's gone gray!

Fern said...

Lots of someones. But not me. Is it the kimchi?