Sunday, August 30, 2009

Now its Sunday

Sunday I awoke feeling much better. I SKYPed Chris at 6:30, then read my e-mail. I got took a shower. Then, because it was dead and I couldn't stand it anymore, I cut off Obamole. Yes, I named my mole. If you want to hear the legend of Obamole, e-mail me. Suffice it to say, it was gone and I had to hold an ice cube on it to stop the bleeding, then Michele put a small round bandage on it. I dressed for church and met Rick, who gave a ride last week. His wife was the preacher today. Michele stayed home to do laundry. After church we had the usual kimbap and fruit. But someone brought some Korean baked goods, too. I didn't have any, due to the probability of sugar. Then we left, inadvertantly leaving my umbrella behind. (And the church will be closed tomorrow because it is a training holiday). About 12:30 Michele walked out for her first trip to Yonsei by herself, having to be there at 2. I got a call from her at 1:30 saying that the bus never stopped at Sinchon Station and that she was 5 stops down. Well, I couldn't make out what stop she was at. But I tried finding the Seoul bus website, and it was extraordinarily elusive. By the time I found it, another young man had come to her rescue. When I didn't hear from her again, I assumed she make it. I got back on the computer and tried like heck to find out what bus route she should try next time. I discovered that there are TWO Sinchon Rotary stops and that one is supposed to walk from one to the other to catch the next bus. Then I listened to audios and interviews, followed links and such. About 8pm I realized that she wasn't back. I tried calling her, but there was no response. I went through the papers near her chair to see what event she had gone to. No luck. So I googled student orientation, but couldn't find the info I wanted. I was looking at my contact list to see who I would call for help, when it occured to me to call her again. No answer (be still my heart), but she returned my call a few moments later to say that she was in a restaurant where they had taken the new freshmen for a bite to eat. She said she'd be home in 20 minutes on the subway. I almost laughed. I expect it'll be an hour. I guess we need to set some kind of procedure for avoiding maternal heart attacks in the future.

No comments: