Monday, August 31, 2009

Walking tour of Dongdaemun

I printed the sheet with all the directions for the tour last night. Everything was ready to go. I took a few moments to drop pff the recyclables, then headed over to post. I got in our car and drove to Gate 19. I was half an hour early, but I got a good parking place. I read and re-read the tour directions. Then at 9:30 left my car. I hadn't seen anyone arrive, but then 3 ladies did. Some others that I had expected couldn't make it. So we went to the Sinyonsan station and rode the subway to Dongdaemun. Our tour started at building D, front entrance. We visited booths in the basement, and on the first, second and third floors. However, we (I) couldn't figure out the last part of floor three and we skipped to floor 5, but came out in another building. We visited the Happy Quilter booth last. By the time we left, I think everyone had gotten something: fabric, buttons, ribbon, or a Coke. I didn't want to leave, but the others seemed eager to get home. Two of them stopped off at Namdaemun on the way back to visit the Alpha store. Cathy and I went home and had our respective lunches. Then she and I met back at the Arts and Crafts Center to quilt a QOV. Even with two of us working on it, we didn't quite finish before 5. So there it sits, waiting until Wednesday morning when the AnC center opens again. I went home for supper. What shall I eat? What do I have? Dried squid and onions. Has this ever happened to you? Me either. So I made squid and onion soup. It was ok. Then Michele called to tell me where she was, helping a friend buy a subway card. I had some garlic soaking in kimchi sauce, but they were hard. So I put the whole thing in a sauce pan to simmer for awhile. Then Michele came home and we talked about her experience going to Yonsei, meeting new people etc. During which I noticed a burning smell. Poor little garlics. Actually, I caught them before they were too bad. It was the pan that suffered most. So I scrubbed it and the one she burned rice in 2 weeks ago. Guess which one came clean. Then while she went to bed, I sat down to write the Legend of Obamole.
I finished the rest of my e-mail and am ready for bed.

No comments: