Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday


I woke up at 5:30, so I skyped Chris and we spent 45 minutes chatting. It was very nice and I miss him alot. Then I readied myself and caught the 9am bus to the DHL. I went to the ACS building to get a booklet to study for the driving exam, but instead they gave me a paper with directions for downloading it off the internet. They insisted my choices were to download it, or check it out of the library. My husband and MaryAnn both say they were given the booklet. So go figure. Then I walked back to the DHL, got some won and looked for Mary Ann. She and I found Monique, then the three of us went into Itaewon to a meeting for newcomers. The venue had changed but there was someone there to point out the new place. It was a very nice restaurant. The meeting was run by the AWC, American Wonen's Club. All kinds of info was available. We all introduced ourselves and afterwards had lunch. Coming back, Monique dropped me off at my gate. When I got to the apt, Michele told me that she and a friend were going to see a movie called "The Time Traveler's Wife". I decided to go, too. But she left early to hang out at the Shoppette. I caught a later bus and went straight to the theatre. It was an interesting movie, with the usual paradoxes that accompany time travel. But about 3/4 of the way through, I suddenly felt like I had a raging bladder infection. I do not understand how something can come up so quickly. But I know how to cure that, I just had to get home. After the movie, I saw Suzanne, so I stopped to talk to her. Then, since our gate was closed, I walked all the way home, through Gate 52. I was not a happy camper. I performed the cure and laid down to wait for it to take effect. At some point I fell asleep, and woke at 2:30 in the morning. What is it with 2:30? That is not wake-up time here or in the U.S. Anyway, now the pain was in my left kidney, and it was bad. I was scared, but didn't know what to do or who to call (in the middle of the night). I am aware of the Korean emergency number 119. But I wasn't ready to face whatever that might bring. So I used EFT, Switchwords, Ho-oponopono, prayer and Sanjeevini healing cards. I also tried to contact several people on Skype. Even looked on Facebook to see if anyone was up. Nope. Finally, around 6 the pain went away. Phew! What a relief! Maybe I should go back to bed, or maybe I should just try to stay awake for the rest of the day.

No comments: